I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING TO PURDUE!

Was Willie Malone gone by then? I'm thinking you must be more like 72, instead of 70. That threw me.
Wille graduated in 1960 h was on the State championship team, with Milburn Ellis, Jerry White. I graduated at 17 will be 71 soon.

Wille graduated in 1960 h was on the State championship team, with Milburn Ellis, Jerry White. I graduated at 17 will be 71 soon.
I graduated high school in 67 at age 17, and I will be 70 later this year. Did Willie Malone become a preacher or ???? I can't remember.

I graduated high school in 67 at age 17, and I will be 70 later this year. Did Willie Malone become a preacher or ???? I can't remember.
Maybe, I know he was an eye doctor and wrote a book about coach which I have. But I left after HS went in the military, got out and never returned to HS until the 1980's and again a few year ago.

Maybe, I know he was an eye doctor and wrote a book about coach which I have. But I left after HS went in the military, got out and never returned to HS until the 1980's and again a few year ago.
Maybe he was an eye doctor. That may be someone else I'm thinking about that became a preacher. I did know he was on that 1960 championship team though.

Reactions: utvolkyle
Maybe he was an eye doctor. That may be someone else I'm thinking about that became a preacher. I did know he was on that 1960 championship team though.
These guys were older graduated 3 years ahead of me so did not really know them other than around town growing up. I lived all around the world and out of state most of the last 50 years I was 30 hours short of graduation from UT and finally finished those several years ago.

These guys were older graduated 3 years ahead of me so did not really know them other than around town growing up. I lived all around the world and out of state most of the last 50 years I was 30 hours short of graduation from UT and finally finished those several years ago.
I have a place near Newland, NC, and sometimes go through Hampton.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
I have a place near Newland, NC, and sometimes go through Hampton sometimes.
My dad was from Newland and went to and played ball at Cranberry HS in 1941. Its the Brick school on the right going from Elk Park to Newland. We had a farm growing up on the Tennessee side of the state 1 mile from Elk Park. We have a summer home on Beech Mountain

Reactions: Jackcrevol
My dad was from Newland and went to and played ball at Cranberry HS in 1941. Its the Brick school on the right going from Elk Park to Newland. We had a farm growing up on the Tennessee side of the state 1 mile from Elk Park. We have a summer home on Beech Mountain
I go past Cranberry HS about once a week during the Summer and Fall. Our place is in Linville Land Harbor.

Reactions: utvolkyle
He was so great he ran off one of the greatest basketball players of all time and almost caused him to quit basketball entirely.

He was so great he ran off one of the greatest basketball players of all time and almost caused him to quit basketball entirely.
I assume u are talking about Larry Bird ? Well, Isiah Thomas only stayed for 2 years, but won a National Championship and then went on to become the best basketball player ever, 6' or under, along with back to back NBA titles. They both give Knight a little credit for their success. Yes, Bobby Knight wouldn't have lasted in this day and age, but without him, we wouldn't have had the current best college bb coach, Coach K or one of my favorite UT coaches, DeVoe. Despite Knight's faults, I always liked him, fwiw.

VN Store

Back