I am extremely satisfied with Coach Huepel

The team did not show up in the second half!!!!!!!

But your stuck exclamation mark key did. ;)

Seriously, though; this is a shorthanded team with a depleted roster and more injuries than some entire divisions. And they're still finding ways to put points on the board. I'm glad they had enough of a lead to sit back for a half. They're going to need it with the schedule ahead.

LMFAO! We had several injured and were playing backups. And Heupel slowed down the offense to burn clock. SMDH
Yeah I think we got up big, Heup changed the pace and play calling to try and keep the clock rolling, limit TOs, and get the game over with as little risk of injury as possible.

I have no problem with it…..sure I wish we’d have tacked on one more early in third to put the nail in the coffin……but when you consider how razor thin our depth is, I’m pleased with today

Players have bought in more than the previous 3 coaches and it shows. I know the 3rd qtr was a little sluggish, but after we opened a can on them in the 1st 20 min, that game was never in doubt.

LMFAO! We had several injured and were playing backups. And Heupel slowed down the offense to burn clock. SMDH

You're exactly right. Unlike Pruitt, this coach does what it takes to win. He imposes his will on the opponent. At first, we run a tempo that doesn't let the other team get set and exhausts them. We keep that up so long as the score stays tight. But if we get ahead, we impose our will in a second way by taking away plays from the opponent. They cannot catch up if they can't run enough plays of their own. That is why SC went for two after their TD. They knew they would not have enough plays to get four scores. They needed 3 x 8. When they didn't get that conversion, the game was over because our offense can get first downs and use up the play clock while doing so (except we had a brief stretch of unfortunate 3 & outs). However, just because the offense didn't add many more points doesn't mean they didn't "show up." More points were unneeded. There is no reason we have to have 60, that's just what the fans like. Our offense (mostly) did their job of not letting the SC offense have the ball long enough to keep up with us. And our defense made SC take a realllly long time to get their points. Heupel is a brilliant coach because he puts the other team in a bind in two ways.

Last edited:
This is year 1. Keep stacking quality players and commit to Coach Heupel’s vision and this program’s future will be bright. He’s genuine. The players see it and we see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVolsFrog
The whole team never showed up in th second half!!!!! Try this with ole Miss and we will get runover!!
What were you expecting? No one LIKES watching a clock management approach, but sometimes it's the best thing you can do. We shortened the game, avoided more injuries, and won by 4 scores. Wtf else were you expecting?

Reactions: VOLnMiami

VN Store

Back