I’m over Pruitt and Chaney

Vol fans lose their minds when we lose. Fire the coach after three years in which the program is getting more talented and stronger despite this loss. It starts with delusions during the preseason & signing day and just gets worse. Thank god above none of you have any actual power over any program.

Reactions: -WillthaThrill-
Was Sam Pittman Chaney's secret sauce? He always had Pittman to handle the x's and o's of getting the Oline up to speed and never had to worry about it. All aspects of the offense are his responsibility, so blaming the QB coach may be legit, but ultimately Chaney is supposed to manage his coaches and hold them accountable.

Isn't it always better to have an OC that's the QB coach also? I mean say what you will about Randy Sanders he was a good QB developer and so was Cut.

Despite Pruitt's record, Fulmer believed in him. I did too, while also having my doubts. Maybe Phil will be proven right, but losing to Kentucky 34 - 7 in his third year is definitely a firing offense.

Vol fans lose their minds when we lose. Fire the coach after three years in which the program is getting more talented and stronger despite this loss. It starts with delusions during the preseason & signing day and just gets worse. Thank god above none of you have any actual power over any program.
Amen to everything you just said!

It’s like they are standing there naked arguing with everyone that they do have clothes on.

Pruitt’s style of sticking with your QB no matter hasn’t worked in 20 years.
there's a box by the Good Sports Recycling box, it says 'Vol's card'. Feel free to put yours there.

Thank God you don’t either. Butch Jones would still be there.

yep, the power brokers who are the caretakers UT football have done just a stellar job over the last 20 years.

Thank God you don’t either. Butch Jones would still be there.
Um...no he would not have. I was never a fan of the "Great Mason." Plus he had a poor relationship with his players. There has been no indication that the same can be said for Pruitt. Pruitt has brought in speed which we have sorely lack since Dooley. My belief in the matter is that JG is a MUCH better practice QB than a game QB. Our future at QB is a true freshman whose missed a ton of time due to Covid and just isn't ready yet.

yep, the power brokers who are the caretakers UT football have done just a stellar job over the last 20 years.
This is Fulmer's first hire and while I would not have handed out a raise at this juncture, 3 years is too soon to flip a coach who is still trying to build defensive depth. The truth is that the recruitment of Peyton Manning gave us a recruiting burst for 4 years that we have yet to ever duplicate. I realize Vol fans want to be back to that level of play and Fulmer does too. He also knows that it will take 5-6 years of solid recruiting to return us to that level.

I think this is more an issue with Pruitt than Chaney. The problem is they have stuck with JG. He isn't a threat. The majority of his passes are close. He isn't a threat down the field. So the defense can get aggressive, crowd the box and pressure him. When that happens he throws a simple pass for minimal yardage.

This is Fulmer's first hire and while I would not have handed out a raise at this juncture, 3 years is too soon to flip a coach who is still trying to build defensive depth. The truth is that the recruitment of Peyton Manning gave us a recruiting burst for 4 years that we have yet to ever duplicate. I realize Vol fans want to be back to that level of play and Fulmer does too. He also knows that it will take 5-6 years of solid recruiting to return us to that level.
We aren’t recruiting anywhere near the level needed to even sniff that caliber of talent.

Good coaching shows up quickly in football, regardless of talent level. Good coaching doesn’t just magically appear after a rebuild is complete. It’s year 3. Do we look like a football team that is well coached?

It was delusional for any of us to remotely think Tennessee stood any chance at home vs Kentucky........us fans should be grateful Tennessee only lost at home to Kentucky by 27......something that hasn’t happened since the 1800’s.

I do agree most of us (including myself) have no business “having actual power” over this program.......but I would wager some of them could have done better.......look at the freakin mess “the ones in power” has gotten Tennessee into.

VN Store

Back