I’m considering becoming a realtor

knox-townVOL

First of his name
But I have no experience with it. Just considering changing career fields and it seems like it would be enjoyable.

Obviously the market is tough right now. Does anyone have any insight into what I could expect to make compensation-wise? My understanding is there are realtor fees? And of course I will need to get licensed.

I would just like some info before I pursue this field.

Big Orange#1

But I have no experience with it. Just considering changing career fields and it seems like it would be enjoyable.

Obviously the market is tough right now. Does anyone have any insight into what I could expect to make compensation-wise? My understanding is there are realtor fees? And of course I will need to get licensed.

May want to stick to your job currently for another year and see how things are going before you make a full career change. This might be the worst time since like late 2007 to enter the realty game. My MIL’s brokerage has the lowest amount of buyer clients she’s seen since she started 7 years ago. Only four active buyers in a brokerage of like 20 realtors. Market has ground to a halt. Housing market enters recession territory. Here's what that means

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.

@AirVol

He used to be a REA.

Last edited:

Vjcvette

1977KnoxGal
Wouldn’t the bubble bursting be a good thing? I assume you mean the market realigning?
Houses have been selling really big through the pandemic and for very high prices, there are still areas in Tennessee that they cannot build them fast enough.
My husband and I use to own a real estate company in the 90's and what you want to do is to ease into it meaning that you do not quit the job that you have
now, but if it is what you really want to do then go ahead and get your license and then if I were you I would want my license hanging on the wall of the
biggest real estate company in your area, and with some companies they will pair you up with another experienced agent and then at least you can go ahead
and start showing property and making some money. Then you can start working on getting your own listings too. In Tennessee one of the best real estate
schools used to be TREES real estate school, because after all, the first thing that you need to do is pass your test to get your license and then to really make
it in real estate, it is really a lot of hours, but if that is what you like to do then it is really not like work anyway. I hope that this has been some what helpful.
My husband and I made a good living at it for ten years until he passed away with cancer, but it can be a great career if you like it!!
@knox-townVOL

Last edited:

VN Store