I’ll Be More Satisfied When We Finally Fire Jimmy Hyams

I think Steve and Jim may be the only ones still listening
I do appreciate that Hyams does a good job separating what he thinks from what he has been told. He is precise in his language so that it is usually clear what he is reporting as fact vs conjecture. I dislike that historically he refuses to be a fan. I don't want to talk UT with someone who doesn't support the teams.

Reactions: Wireless1
A lot less than I used to. All the negativity honestly bothers me to my core. The fighting and anger when you say something or correct obvious misinformation. Overall, just how negative people are about the program. I just had a change in my life a little more than a year ago, deleted Twitter, deleted Facebook, and I’ve been much better for it.

I don’t blame you a bit. If this forum is any indication, it seems like we have the most hateful and negative fanbase in football, though I’m guessing every fanbase has their bad apples. And I get it. Bad hires, a long stretch of bad teams, etc.

However, I have always appreciated the insight you bring to this board.

So here’s a thought. Would you ever consider just doing your own blog, or daily email or whatever, where people can hear the truth without all the awful noise? I don’t know what’s the going rate in terms of subscription, but I’d be willing to pay for it.

We know that cleaning up the department's handling of information is one of his priorities. We don't know how much time and effort he's putting into each priority so we don't have a basis to criticize him at this point. For all we know, he just suspected someone so he threw the wrong name out there to them to see where it wound up. Doesn't take any effort or real time to do that.
Dan assigns that to staff members to handle. In this case, it would be two so he verifies one of them is not the source. It's a cross-check exercise.

VN Store

Back