Hypothetical scenario. Fixing the Vols

I don't know. I am still trying to stop cringing when I see those black shoes.

I'm of the always put your best player on the field philosophy. The future is too uncertain. Unless the game is put away or you can't make a bowl, your starters are on the field.
But if you're not making a bowl game then its obvious the starters aren't cutting it. The definition of insanity is trying the same things over and over expecting different results. In many cases the best player may be sitting on the sideline due to the opinion that he "isn't ready" like the beginning of last yr when Lawrence was behind Bryant. Bryant would still be at Clemson if Dabo hadn't given Lawrence a few drives a game to properly evaluate him in game situations.

Reactions: ptcarter
I don't think I could tell them anything that they don't already know.

I guess if I had to give one piece of advice (and it's a piece of advice that Pruitt may have already taken this offseason), it's for Pruitt to trust his assistants. He's got the best staff we've had since the golden years of the 90s and early 00s. We have the pieces to be successful if Pruitt trusts them. Pruitt tried to micromanage at times last season to his detriment.
Seems to be learning from his mistakes, though.
This statement is spot-on! If he can manage to trust his assistance, we could win 8 or 9 games this year, Imo. We really do have one of the best staffs in the nation.

The first thing I would do is pay Knoxville whatever it takes to change the address and phone number of the university. Never let Mr Haslam know so he can't find the university. Fire anyone still on staff that had anything to do with hiring Butch Jones. Any building on campus that is brick, must have vinyl siding put over it. Any round plastic trash can on campus must be removed, and a new way of taking out the trash must be found. No one can be accepted to the university with the name Butch or Jones. No matter how much money his or her parents have. A piece of the rock must be broke off and put on a pedestal just outside each exit of the weight room, and if any current or future recruit isn't as hard as the rock they must immediately turn around and work harder. All reminders of just how bad Butch Jones was to this university must be removed now and forever.
We have the right guy now, and I have no doubt he will bring us back.

Reactions: ptcarter and 1vol8
If you want to guarantee 8 wins and a bowl, run the wishbone.
I think the game has pretty much moved on from the wishbone. That's a good way to never get any players to the league therefore never get good recruits in the future. I don't even see much of that in hs anymore.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
This is big in the short term. Fans are impatient. Pruitt needs Fulmers public support when we don’t win a lot of games in 2019 and 2020. I’m sure he’ll get it.

Same with ticket prices. I’d rather see 100k in Neyland at a discount than 75k at full price. Ticket prices can be raised after we start winning some games.
The part about lowering ticket prices is very intelligent. Neyland in full pomp is terrifyingly loud, also it wouldn't hurt from a business perspective to restore the relationship with the fans

VN Store

Back