HV, Rick, etc

My gut tells me Chris Singleton, Philip Jurric, and Elliot Williams. I think there will be another player in the class but I am not sure who it will end up being. It could be somebody else on the radar or it could be somebody that is not even on the radar at this point. I know this, Pearl is recruiting like crazy as we speak. He wasted no time.

Kentucky was leading for Miller, weren't they? How does the departure of Tubby change that? Was he a Tubby guy or does he just want to play for UK no matter what?

Kentucky was leading for Miller, weren't they? How does the departure of Tubby change that? Was he a Tubby guy or does he just want to play for UK no matter what?

Tubby was a big reason why Miller liked UK...I'm not sure, though, how Tubby's departure will impact Miller's college decision.

He says he's still wide open, but there's a lot of specualtion that it's between UT, UK, and Florida.

The 4th could very well be Darrius Miller, but I just have a feeling he ends up somewhere else. Hopefully I am wrong.

All I've heard was that we were leading for Miller.

Either way, we actually have enough scholly's to take 1 this spring and 4 next class, 2 this spring and 3 next class, or 0 this spring and 5 next class.

I think we really want Jurick, Singleton, and Williams. After that, I think we may push for Angelo Johnson and Darius Miller(depending on if we take one in the spring).

Want list:

PG-A) Angelo Johnson 5'10"
SG-A) Elliot Williams 6'4"
SF-A) Emmanuel Negedu(pipe dream?) 6'6"
B) Darius Miller 6'6"
C) Carter McMasters 6'10"
PF-A) Romero Osby(pipe dream) 6'8"
B) Chris Singleton 6'9"
C) Murphy Holloway 6'7"
D) Kiwan Smith 6'7"
C-A) Al-Farouq Aminu(pipe dream) 6'8"
B) Philip Jurick 6'10"
C) Catalin Baciu 7'1"
D) Bawa Maniru 6'9"

Most of these players can play multiple positions. The A's and B's are pipe dreams or priorities while the C's and D's are still being evaluated or fallback types. There will be more names surface in the future, I'm sure of that.

I can see tennessee getting
1) Elliot Williams: Will be between us and memphis.. We killed memphis so that definately helps.. And i can see him turning pro early with his size and athleticism at PG so he wants to go to a team that can win a championship early.. And UT has a greater chance to win one earlier than memphis..
2) Chris Singleton: he knows that he will get a lot of playing time wherever he go's.. He would fit in perfectly in Bruce Pearl's system with the up and down Bball.. He would be a great athletic PF who will be allowed to shoot the three.
3) Phillup Juric: He knows that UT lacks depth at center.. Chism is the only player that everyone feels comfortable with at the center position.. He will get early playing time if he signs with us.. He is also from Tennessee so that's a huge reason why he could pick us..
4) Darius Miller: another athletic wing man that would fit in perfectly to Pearl's system.. I would love to land him over Kentucky.. He is rated a 5 star by scout and scout does a good job with Bball recruiting..

Yeah, if we take 4, those are likely the 4 we take other than landing a pipe dream. The last scholly would be between Johnson and Miller depending on where we project Williams at. If we take 5, I would add Johnson.

I can see tennessee getting

3) Phillup Juric: He knows that UT lacks depth at center.. Chism is the only player that everyone feels comfortable with at the center position.. He will get early playing time if he signs with us.. He is also from Tennessee so that's a huge reason why he could pick us..

Some of the East Ridge guys can correct me but didn't Juric come here as an exchange student and has stayed to play B-Ball? I haven't seen anything about this lately but I was thinking I read something about it last year.

VN Store

Back