Huepel on Finebaum

I don't think that's remotely true, Huskie.

I'd put Chris Low, and others, ahead of Finebaum in the list of journalists of importance within the SEC. Among other reasons, most folks take Chris seriously.

It's sort of like this: if Chris Low is the Wall Street Journal, Paul Finebaum is the National Enquirer. If Chris Low is 60 Minutes, Paul Finebaum is the Jerry Springer Show. If Chris Low is the Economist, Paul Finebaum is Mad Magazine.

Something like that. There are other important names in SEC sports journalism, but Chris Low provides a useful counterpoint. No one really takes Finebaum seriously, except maybe his regular callers.

I don't disagree in whole but in part because the later has the ratings and the eyeballs. Everyone loves a train wreck these days and finebaum gives them that. He also has vehicle in the SEC Network all the SEC hierarchy that goes with it. Chris is a fine journalist and I obviously respect him FAR MORE than Finebaum but he doesn't have the audience. If nobody's really watching how important can one be?

I don't disagree in whole but in part because the later has the ratings and the eyeballs. Everyone loves a train wreck these days and finebaum gives them that. He also has vehicle in the SEC Network all the SEC hierarchy that goes with it. Chris is a fine journalist and I obviously respect him FAR MORE than Finebaum but he doesn't have the audience. If nobody's really watching how important can one be?
Yes, unfortunately TV ratings are based on the number of people watching a given program and not on the average IQ of those watching.

Yes, unfortunately TV ratings are based on the number of people watching a given program and not on the average IQ of those watching.

Exactly and it doesn't mean he's more authoritative. Finebaum has the populous watching and paying attention along with the SEC Network behind him. Chris Low is infinitely more authoritative but he pales in comparison to the eyeballs and audience. In this respect, which is the only one that counts, Finebaum is without a doubt, the number 1 talking head for the SEC and 2nd place is not even close. Chris has what... 50K Twitter supports? Finebaum has almost 3/4 of a million. That's only one metric but any numbers will show Finbaum rules the SEC as the conferences talking head.

If I was Heupel, I wouldn’t ever go on his show. Win, lose, or draw, I wouldn’t give him the time of day after his days long rant surrounding my hire. He has the right to say what he wants, its his show after all, but Heupel has the right to tell him to pound sand.
DisloyalWelltodoKronosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Exactly and it doesn't mean he's more authoritative. Finebaum has the populous watching and paying attention along with the SEC Network behind him. Chris Low is infinitely more authoritative but he pales in comparison to the eyeballs and audience. In this respect, which is the only one that counts, Finebaum is without a doubt, the number 1 talking head for the SEC and 2nd place is not even close. Chris has what... 50K Twitter supports? Finebaum has almost 3/4 of a million. That's only one metric but any numbers will show Finbaum rules the SEC as the conferences talking head.

I don’t understand it. Finebaum has no charisma... no appeal. He looks like a pinhead and his voice is off putting to me. I just don’t get it.

Finebaum??? His ego is much greater than his talent.

I don’t understand it. Finebaum has no charisma... no appeal. He looks like a pinhead and his voice is off putting to me. I just don’t get it.

I've never gotten it. How that pencil neck geek became the premier talking head of the SEC is mind boggling but he somehow finagled himself into that position. We can't just blow him off as "a nobody" though because he's not. Crazy for sure.

He is the one who is irrelevant.

He's not. Might be to those who dislike him but he's relevant.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Honestly I was hoping to see a picture of CJH just pummeling Finebaum’s face based on the title lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1
I've never gotten it. How that pencil neck geek became the premier talking head of the SEC is mind boggling but he somehow finagled himself into that position. We can't just blow him off as "a nobody" though because he's not. Crazy for sure.

He's not. Might be to those who dislike him but he's relevant.
Some people just know the right di**s to suck.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Might be to those who dislike him but he's relevant. [talking about Finebaum]
I think perhaps you're conflating exposure and relevance.

He's about as relevant as, say, Dave Chappelle is to immigration reform legislation.

Does Chappelle talk about immigration? Sure.

Do a lot of people watch Chappelle? Sure.

Does anyone pay even the slightest attention to his position on the issue? No. He's not relevant to the national conversation.

Neither is Finebaum in the world of football. He's merely the crowd noise murmuring in the background while the real conversations happen elsewhere.

Serious journalists like Chris Low contribute far more of meaning to the league and the sport than Finebaum. Again, unless you're one of his regulars, then Paul might rock your world.

Reactions: Alto1
Paul's job is to sell commercials. He sells advertising very well and he has for a long time. One tried and true way to grow an audience and sell more spots is to piss off the listeners. Controversy is simply one of the many tools in his bag. A little inside information is another tool. Put them together and BAM! You're a success. I wouldn't be surprised if he only believes 1/2 of what he says. And here we are talking about it. We will all probably buy something from one of his advertisers soon too. Selling newspapers is what they used to call it.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Finescum is a bammer homer, always has been......he was there when Perkins took over for bare, and he's been there since to support the bammer narrative in any way possible......he has absolutely 0 loyalty to TN; in fact, I honestly think he despises TN and regrets he attended the University. I long since stopped listening to his broadcasts

Reactions: VOLINVONORE

VN Store

Back