How would you feel about not playing Alabama every year?

Tennessee also makes better geographical sense in the ACC than Missouri in the SEC. I can get behind this never thought I would say this years ago, but how much longer can we be the punching bag of the SEC the laughingstock ever year getting our heads beat in. Do I think we would’ve won the ACC this season ? Of course not, but we would’ve done better than 3-7. In the last decade we would’ve done much better in the ACC than the SEC no doubt.

I agree. The problem will probably be whether the ACC would want Tennessee as a member. 50/50 would be my guess.

Certainly the SEC would benefit from some of the lesser competitive schools (UT, SC) to find a home elsewhere. Clemson is SEC caliber and sniping them would be a win-win. The SEC would be better served to pick up someone with upside potential rather than the now eternally failing UT.
I think the ACC would love to have us. We would be a great addition for basketball to in the ACC.

Even with the way the series has been going, I can't stand the thought of not playing Alabama every year.

I'm surprised that a lot of the UT fans I work with are ready to throw in the towel and would like to see a different West opponent.

Your thoughts?

Maybe we should also drop Kentucky !

Check out our record since 2005. Since 2010 we are 28- 61 in SEC play
Check out Bama vs UT from ‘95-‘06. Football is cyclical and we have had 3 garbage coaching hires. We have the infrastructure and support to be top tier (which we are all-time). You don’t move to the ACC after a bad decade. This is the saddest thread I’ve ever been a part of

Check out Bama vs UT from ‘95-‘06. Football is cyclical and we have had 3 garbage coaching hires. We have the infrastructure and support to be top tier (which we are all-time). You don’t move to the ACC after a bad decade. This is the saddest thread I’ve ever been a part of
If only our administration would realize that and pay up and hire a proven winning coach.

This thread is sad on a lot of levels.

All I used to hear on this site is you (Florida) are a Johnny Come Lately program. Y’all didn’t know how to play football until a few years ago.

But, We’re Tennessee. One of the 10 greatest football programs in college football. Yada, yada, yada.

And yet, several you want to run like a scared little girl even suggesting a move to the ACC.

Say what you want about Michigan, but having their head kicked in by Ohio State doesn’t make them want to drop the game from the schedule, or leave the conference.

And so you know, I’m in favor of Auburn to the East and Missouri to the West. We lost the Auburn rivalry to protect your game among other reasons...that several of you don’t even want.

All I will say is that when you are a champion, and I’ve seen it over and over, schedule doesn’t matter.

Just having to win an SEC title game and 2 playoff games to end the season is daunting. It doesn’t even take into account the rest of the schedule

Reactions: VolNExile
If only our administration would realize that and pay up and hire a proven winning coach.

How about a list of proven coaches on the market they did not offer enough money to. Not offering and not getting are two different things.

I keep hearing talking heads talk about the money we have offered to a bunch of guys that simply would not come to UT. Can't remember them all but it did include Gruden, Gundy x2, Mullen.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
It goes in cycles... Tennessee's drought will end and Alabama's will begin one of these years. We must play them. It's as certain as the motion of great celestial bodies through space.

I’m for it. Play every team in your division every year and rotate evenly the teams in the other division. It’s the fair way to do it for every team in our division. Forget about the old rivalries, IDC about them. New rivalries will emerge. The SEC will not look the same anymore anyway with OK and Texas coming.

Suck it up buttercup if you get beat then get better. This game has been played longer than anybody posting here now and will be played when we are gone. Stop crying.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Quite frankly it's time to let it go. It's just a competitive disadvantage. Now, if we did let it go that's when Saben retires and Bama turns into a dumpster fire and we can't beat them down every year 🤣 that'd be our luck.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It goes in cycles... Tennessee's drought will end and Alabama's will begin one of these years. We must play them. It's as certain as the motion of great celestial bodies through space.

Will Bama get 20 straight wins on us? It's very possible if not extremely likely at this point

Reactions: oz615
This thread is sad on a lot of levels.

All I used to hear on this site is you (Florida) are a Johnny Come Lately program. Y’all didn’t know how to play football until a few years ago.

But, We’re Tennessee. One of the 10 greatest football programs in college football. Yada, yada, yada.

And yet, several you want to run like a scared little girl even suggesting a move to the ACC.

Say what you want about Michigan, but having their head kicked in by Ohio State doesn’t make them want to drop the game from the schedule, or leave the conference.

And so you know, I’m in favor of Auburn to the East and Missouri to the West. We lost the Auburn rivalry to protect your game among other reasons...that several of you don’t even want.

All I will say is that when you are a champion, and I’ve seen it over and over, schedule doesn’t matter.

Just having to win an SEC title game and 2 playoff games to end the season is daunting. It doesn’t even take into account the rest of the schedule

Ohio State and Michigan are in the same division. Move Bama to the east and I won't complain. But when UGA gets Auburn who's up and down, and UF gets LSU who's up and down, and UT gets Bama who is just always up, it's a competitive disadvantage. Pride is just a concept, **** it. I'm for being smart. Lol

VN Store

Back