How would you feel about not playing Alabama every year?

The tradition answer is every year but the getting us back on track answer is to not play them now. We have been in a funk for so long the kids that play the game don’t really know how good we used to be. We are on a slippery slope right now.

Not only we must keep playing Bama but I wish they could find a way where we play Auburn every year like we used too. Bama game in addition to UGA and UF are the main reason to follow Tennesee football (I would certainly not watch any longer if they take any of those off our annual schedule - if we go undefeated and not beat those teams it would mean nothing to me).

The tradition answer is every year but the getting us back on track answer is to not play them now. We have been in a funk for so long the kids that play the game don’t really know how good we used to be. We are on a slippery slope right now.
And replace them with who? UT just got manhandled by UK!

It's not Bama's fault UT sucked. UT fans had no problem beating Bama during their down years.

Even with the way the series has been going, I can't stand the thought of not playing Alabama every year.

I'm surprised that a lot of the UT fans I work with are ready to throw in the towel and would like to see a different West opponent.

Your thoughts?

I want us to play bama, not playing them sends a signal, we can never beat them. We can, we are only a good qb away from being very competitive with them now.

I am ok with dropping Bama from the rotation. They are a bunch of uneducated morons.

Let's play Vandy the first and last game of each year.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
Tennessee vs Alabama is southern tradition...One of the greatest rivalries in the country or used to be...One day it will again and we'll be the ones handing out the butt kickings like the good ole days...No I do not ever want to lose this game.

I’m fine with playing Bama every year, but the screwjob officiating needs to be fixed. Sour grapes and what not, I know....I know we still would have still lost that game last year, but we got blatantly hosed multiple times.

Most times it hasn’t been close so it never mattered, but last year really pissed me off because it was competitive for a while and we had several chances to make it really interesting but weren’t allowed. If that is going to be the case I would just assume drop the series, it isn’t worth it.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Even with the way the series has been going, I can't stand the thought of not playing Alabama every year.

I'm surprised that a lot of the UT fans I work with are ready to throw in the towel and would like to see a different West opponent.

Your thoughts?
Everyone knows the reason that UGA and UF play Bama about every 8 to10 years. Ask Kirby Smart after last night.

When it comes to sports, I've always been somewhat of a traditionalist, but since every game against Bama has been an automatic loss for us and an automatic win for them for quite a while now and will be for the foreseeable future, I'd like to see a change. If we ever rise to their level again, then we'll probably get to meet them in future SEC championship games anyway. I'm not in favor of having a game on the schedule every single year that we know ahead of time we're going to lose.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley

Your thoughts?

We haven't played them for the last 13 years or so!

Your thoughts?
If Tenn stops playing Alabama every year and only plays them once ever 6 or so, I may stop watching.
It's been awful and I wish the team could get lots of false positives and have to cancel the game Sat, but the game means too much to me. Living in Bama country beating them every year was great. It will change one day. Maybe not swap roles, but Bama will come down and at some point UT will be better and it will be close again.

Oh, probably the same way cowards feel when they actively avoid, flee from, or hide themselves whenever a bigger man comes along to challenge their myopic and self serving worldview.

If it feels like a cowardly b!tch move...well....It probably is.

Reactions: tnutater

VN Store

Back