How would yall feel about Lincoln Riley?

I’d think martians overtook his body. He’d be a complete idiot to take ANY SEC job. He’s is good shape at OU.

His next step should be Dallas Cowboys.

Reactions: BUBear
Wow, there's some positivity!

It's the truth. This is a middle of the pack SEC job that has some headwinds the next 3 years or so.

This is still a job if you have a good coach and some favorable macro trends, you can be very successful. But this hasnt been a Tier 1 job in over a decade. At Tier 1 jobs, mediocre coaches can be successful.

How would yall react if Lincoln Riley was picked? He is an offensive scoring HC. Not sure if his Heisman winners were a result of talent or lack of quality opponents. I know his name has never came up but just looking for thoughts and reactions if he was selected.
Just why would he come to ut? Jeeze

How would yall react if Lincoln Riley was picked? He is an offensive scoring HC. Not sure if his Heisman winners were a result of talent or lack of quality opponents. I know his name has never came up but just looking for thoughts and reactions if he was selected.

We have a better chance at Belichek

We arent a Tier 1 job. At best, we are a low end Tier 2 with impending sanctions and over 15 years of administrative ineptitude.
Nah...we are still a tier one job. Strong conference, top notch facilities, large fan base and stadium and the ability to play for national championships.

Granted, we are not a top-5 job like we were at one point, but we still are Tier one.

Reactions: BristolVol
At Tier 1 jobs, mediocre coaches can be successful.

so why did Alabama have such a lack of success between Stallings and Saban? A mediocre coach will not be successful at any tier one job.

a tier one job is a job at a school that has all the resources to win championships. We have all the resources.

Our biggest mistake is thinking mediocrity will win. It won’t. It has been proven at any school out there...Texas, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Notre Dame, etc. Mediocrity does not win anywhere.

1611542137299.gif

While this is a patently ridiculous supposition, I do have a question for you: Do you really think it is as simple as UT just selecting someone?

Rarely does any school just pick who it wants but we are going ask someone to dive into a possible dumpster fire here.

must be 21 years of age to start a thread!!!...........how do we like Lincoln Riley? starting to get unprofessional in the forums

Ecstatic

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
Just stop.
We just had two of our top rated pampers transfer to Oklahoma. They will be a preseason playoff expected team. WTH are you smoking?

We probably had a shot at Lincoln Riley...

Back in 2014 before he got snatched up by Stoops and was still an OC at East Carolina.

Reactions: MaTaLa

VN Store

Back