How will the 2 QB system play out?

How will the 2 QB system play out?

• Total voters
Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Oct 11, 2004 10:36 PM
How's that Freaky?

Besides taking me an hour to read....it's pretty good.

It's on the front now. :p

if Ainge keeps getting as many snaps as he has been Shaeffer will get frustrated and be looking to move on after this season- my :twocents:

Originally posted by Smokey@Oct 11, 2004 10:49 PM
Im throwing my vote down on Jim Bob.. :rocks:

It was only a matter of time until somebody did. :D

Schaeffer wants to be a starter and I don't blame him.I think he will make some team happy.I just don't see him sticking around.

I think Otis has a point on this one... Although switching Schaeffer's position is still completley viable.

Schaeffer will make an outstanding QB in another conference. Not in the SEC though.

Ainge will be the starter and hopefully Schaeffer will move to wide out like Fayton did. I haven't seen much from Schaeffer's arm.

Anige Starter. Schaeffer Will Transfer out. If he stays it will be one hell of a sales job by Fulmer. Zook could not get him to go to the Gators as an Athlete. He has said all along that he wants to be a QB.

It would be good for Tennessee if he stayed and was that Flanker :cross:

But I feel he will Transfer if the trend stays the same. Anige getting the snaps and moving the ball.

Regarding the possibility of Shaeffer transferring, remember Tennessee was the only big-time school to offer him a scholarship as a quarterback. Everybody else told him he would be an "athlete".

Several transfers come to mind. When Peyton Manning and Brandon Stewart signed with UT, senior Jerry Colquitt was the heir apparent to Heath Shuler. But Colquitt suffered a season-ending injury in the first game (1994), and Manning seized his opportunity. Stewart transferred to Texas A&M and battled with Randy McCown for playing time the rest of his career.

In 2000, Joey Mathews played well enough in the spring and preseason to win the starting job, only to lose it after one game. Freshmen Casey Clausen and John Rattay along with sophomore AJ Suggs were battling for the quarterback duties. Clausen won the job... After sitting out the 2000 season, Rattay moved on to Arizona for the 2001 season where he was a backup and passed for only 385 yards, transferred to Pasadena City College (JUCO) for the 2002 season, and tried to walk-on at Arizona in 2003. He is not on the Wildcats roster for 2004. AJ Suggs was a little more successful, sitting out 2001... then in 2002, he started every game for Ga Tech and completed 57.3 percent of his passes (208-363) for 2,242 yards with 12 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions... however, in 2003 he was relegated to backup and only played in Tech's last 2 games, passing for 180 yds.

I think Ainge will be the starter now. (at least I hope) Schaeffer on the other hand.. I think he would be good on the O-Line.. but would he accept the offer?

Please don't forget that Crompton has committed to Tennesee and I think Shaeffer sees that. i hope that he sees his NFL future is at wideout. There is no better place to be a wideout than at Tennessee.

crompton still has time to back out. It has happened to Tennessee before. plus if he sees a clear winner between Ainge and Shaeffer he would have to realize that he is going to Possibly Red Shirt 1 year and Sit behind the one who wins for atleast another year before we even see him Play a Snap for UT

Actually He has stated that he Likes the idea of Competition and He hopes that
they both have a great year. That would not deter him coming to Tennessee.
He loves this place

Unlike the other "drop-outs", Crompton is considerably closer to the Vols campus. Waynesville is just across the state line off I-40 from Knoxville. UT is the closest I-A school to that area. Heath Shuler and Jimmy Streater came from around that area too.

Which means he's also got local school devotion. I think he will go here. Starting as a freshman has to be intimidating. If I were in his shoes, I would not mind being red shirted for a year and then getting in some snap time behind Ainge, who may very well be one of the top QB's in College football by then.

for some reason I think him and Shuler are close. Something like Crompton spends time on Heaths farm in trhe summer or something crazy like that

Yes, he spent alot of time with Heath this past summer on his farm. I have heard recently that his dad made comments about him still looking at other schools, I hope not. :cross:

You're right read that last night. That do to the success of the Two freshman quarterbacks they were keeping there options open. I hope that Jonathon is a man of his word and keeps his committment.

VN Store

Back