How the Vols will beat the Gators.

I agree that this is not the "gators of old". But everyone knows, there is as much football talent in the state of Florida as there is in Texas. True, they have lost some key players and got a new coach. Meyers has proved himself at every school he's been at and done it relatively quickly. I don't look for the Gators to lay an egg this year.

On the other hand, man, what a team we're fileding this year. Call it biased if you want, but from where I see it, we are LOADED, everywhere. The biggest question I have is the secondary, but honestly, not that concerned. With Allen and Fellows on the corners and the experience Hefney got last year will help him a bunch. Keep Simon healthy with Omar and Mitchel as his bookends and Parys and Jesse anchoring the D. All I can say is good luck with the new O.

This Vols will win this one, but I think it will be close the first half. Riggs and the work horses up front will take over the second half and control the rest of the game. Vols by 21.

I wouldn't be worried about our secondary. Read in a magizine that they have our secondary in the top 5. I am not sure about that but I do know they are going to be good.

But when we talk about how meyer has turned around every school he has went too, You have to answer a couple questions for me. the two schools he turned around are bowling green and Utah. SO where is the competition in those leagues? where are the top twenty five teams day in and day out he had to face? Where are the great defenses on those teams that he is going to need when he gets to playing in the SEC?

What I am saying is, SO WHAT. he won everywhere he has gone. He has never played this type of talent. He has never played very good teams. Yes his team beat texas a&m in the begging of last season before they got in there grove, but we beat texas a&m when they were in full throttle.

NO defense + new coach + no playmakers = win for UT.

Personally I hope the Vol's go out with something to prove. They play the best damn football when everyone expects them to lose. Go out beat the gators physically. Jam up that damn split option and force Leak to throw. Welcome "The Urban Myth" to the SEC proper like with an old fashion behind the wood shed tail whipping!!! AND DON"T UNDRERESTIMATE THE GATORS!!!! We all know when these two teams hit the field records and paper are thrown out the window. Remember Casey against Florida... We were the better team over the course of the season but in that game he had like 7 fumbles in the rain.

volwarren has arived,,,, leak is good give him credit but he has a bad habit of throuing the ball up for grabs if pressure is applied , bring line backers and an safety blitz go man on man in the secondary and rush tackels contain ends that should do the trick.

Vols need to control the line of scrimmage and pound the ball down UF's throat to win this game. Should be another close game though!

this game will depend alot on our coaching. we have the better team. our lines should be dominate, but if the coaches play into ums hands, we will be in for a long night. um will try to get ut into a faster paced game. more mistakes occur in faster games and our advantages will be neutralized. if our coaches follow their gameplan and keep a slow pace, we should win easily. i dont see floridas d line slowing our running attack, thus uf will have to load the box. then we pass. florida will try to run option, but when our front seven play disciplined responsibility ball, they will have to turn to the pass. leak will show his true colors, make bad throws under pressure. this could easily be an ugly game for either team, it just depends on who controls the tempo.

Well first we need to throw the game plan out the window.....game plans never work when it comes to games like this....each team will have to have defense and luck on their side....in order for Tennessee to win though the ground game will have to be VERY productive.....since 2001 when Tennessee has rushed for 130+ yards we have won each time....also we will have to limit turnovers....Florida feeds off of turnovers because they are a momentum based team whereas Tennessee is a clock-based control team (aka Fulmer Ball)....Tennessee will have to have a balanced offensive(130+ yards on the ground and 300+ thru the air) and dominate defensive game to win....if we yield over 2 turnovers it will be tough to win....all we have to do is be smart and let Florida make the mistakes a team with a first year coach will make.....now I know that Urban Meyer is not a first year coach per say but it is his first year in the SEC and he will have to learn all the trickery that he used at Utah will not work at Florida in the SEC....so I am picking Tennessee 31-17....the game will be dominated by our running backs and our secondary will have the best game in 2 years it has had....we will get to Leak at least 3 times for a sack and blind-sided pressure will make him scramble and our LB's will make him pay....GO VOLS!!!! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

Knock the crap out of them on both sides of the ball and score more points.

I really don't know any positions at which Florida is better than Tennessee. The Vols by far have a better defense. Tennessee also has better receivers, running back, and O-line. I would even argue Ainge is better than Leak now. I see the only way the Vols lose will be by mental errors.

By the way did anyone see Lindy's magazine. They had Florida at #4 and the vols at #6. I guess three straight 5 loss seasons, losing your running back, best defensive player, and having a coaching change really merits a top 5 pre-season position. :shakehead2: :bs:

there could be an argument that floridas wrs are a little bit better and that their secondary is better, but both wr corps are awesome and ive seen publications list uts secondary as the best in the sec.

VN Store

Back