How old is Chavis now

Isn’t he in East Tennessee?
Age has nothing to do with it. He wasn't as great as people think the first time around. 3rd and Chavis.... especially in critical moments against top tier teams... was a very real thing.

Like Fulmer, the game has passed him by. The best place to honor Chavis... is in our memories.

He's 64 .. I was at UT same time .. lived across hall from him and Kevin Steele .. they taught me and my roommate backgammon .. they were cool guys .

Good gawd. Why do we continue with these Fulmer era coaches? 3rd and Chavis? Seriously, turn the damned page already. We can't go back and we aren't going to recapture our former glory by trying to go back.
I remember the 3rd and Chavis days. Our idiotic fan base was whining about ten win seasons in the early 2000’s . I guess sometimes it’s true you don’t know what you got till it’s gone. The fire Fulmer crowd got their way and we’ve been roaming in the forest of despair for the last 13 years. Sadly some idiots still think it was a good move.

I remember the 3rd and Chavis days. Our idiotic fan base was whining about ten win seasons in the early 2000’s . I guess sometimes it’s true you don’t know what you got till it’s gone. The fire Fulmer crowd got their way and we’ve been roaming in the forest of despair for the last 13 years. Sadly some idiots still think it was a good move.

I must live on another planet from some of these "fans". He's not coming back....but......Chavis was an important cog in a dominate Tennessee team in the 1990s and early 2000s. Go check out their record....honestly. What do these people expect? We actually won a National Championship.....and now he is trashed. No wonder we are looking for a new coach every three years.....

Someone who finally understands what has went on the last 13 years and why. I can remember when they fired coach Fulmer, some of the fans saying, why does Chavis have to leave. A lot of fans didn’t get it then, and still don’t get it. November 3rd 2008 , the day they fired Phillip Fulmer, was the worst mistake that the University of Tennessee has ever made. Second only behind Robert Neyland .

I must live on another planet from some of these "fans". He's not coming back....but......Chavis was an important cog in a dominate Tennessee team in the 1990s and early 2000s. Go check out their record....honestly. What do these people expect? We actually won a National Championship.....and now he is trashed. No wonder we are looking for a new coach every three years.....

While far from perfect, Chavis saved Fulmer’s fat ass for a few seasons

While far from perfect, Chavis saved Fulmer’s fat ass for a few seasons
Fulmer, Chavis and Cut.......that was a three headed monster in Knoxville for years. Fulmer used to own recruiting like BAMA does today. Was crazy good times.........

Reactions: photovol
Fulmer, Chavis and Cut.......that was a three headed monster in Knoxville for years. Fulmer used to own recruiting like BAMA does today. Was crazy good times.........

Even the great Tennessee Memories are fleeting now, lace em up tight Vol fans, it’s going to get even bumpier than ever

Reactions: Teeboy

VN Store

Back