How often does Kentucky play Zone on defense?

Noggin

Noggin
I don't usually post threads on here. I mostly answer threads with an oppinion. How often does Kentucky play Zone on defense. Thank you for your time.

I don't usually post threads on here. I mostly answer threads with an oppinion. How often does Kentucky play Zone on defense. Thank you for your time.
Cal is very much anti-zone, so you won’t likely see UK play any zone defense. Ashton Haggans is one of the best on-ball defenders in the SEC, so imagine Vescovi will have his hands full. Playing any zone would neutralize Haggans on-ball defense, for UK, so don’t expect to see it. We are going to have to move the ball as well as we have all year, not make lazy/sloppy passes on the perimeter, and not put SV in many spots where he is forced to dribble out of trouble.

Yeah I’m really worried about Haggins on Vescovi. A big part of our wins against Kentucky last year involved Bone cooking Hagans over and over again. Now they have the mismatch at PG

We MUST limit the dribbling in the half-court offense and, as stated above, make good passes and force them to chase the ball

Cal has tried to play some zone this year, but they aren’t good at it. Both teams will likely play man the whole game.

The times Cal has pulled zone out against us the past few years, we've torn it to shreds. Fulkerson is especially good against it. I would be shocked if they play much, if any, zone.

Speaking of zones, when Plavsic is in the game, I would like to see UT utilize the zone because Plavsic looks like he has a hard time defending his man 1 on 1.

The times Cal has pulled zone out against us the past few years, we've torn it to shreds. Fulkerson is especially good against it. I would be shocked if they play much, if any, zone.

Fulkerson wore out their zone passing a couple years back.
Course we had a different set of peeps then

They almost exclusively zone against us at home last year and that didn't go well for them. I haven't watched them this year, but straight up man should be all they need to do against us. It's not like we're an offensive juggernaut.

He always goes clockwise. When he's home he goes counterclockwise.

Makes sense, coriolis effect.

Seriously though I expect the only way we see zone is if they get in major foul trouble or they can't stop us with man. I doubt that the latter happens and hopefully the officials call an even game. If they do the former is possible.

VN Store

Back