How nervous does Pittman on staff cause UGA now?

Ghan is a master at building great running backs/running games. Coley is the guy who will handle QB/passing game situations. Gran is also a good recruiter with lots of Florida ties. It's unlikely Georgia misses a beat if they hire him with the talent they have in place there but it will likely weaken Kentucky.

Ghan is a master at building great running backs/running games. Coley is the guy who will handle QB/passing game situations. Gran is also a good recruiter with lots of Florida ties. It's unlikely Georgia misses a beat if they hire him with the talent they have in place there but it will likely weaken Kentucky.
Yeah, I was totally blown away by Kentucky's 35 rushes for 77 yards and 7 points against us last November with their best team in over 40 years... 2.2 yards per rushing attempt? Wow, stand back.

One of my coworkers is a Georgia alum, he believes that Kirby wanted Pittman from Arkansas, and it was Pittman that said he would only go to Georgia if they hired Chaney, and not the other way around.

Might be butthurt Georgia fan, but if they really do give Pittman $1.5 million/year as has been rumored, then it might be true considering Coley the co-OC made $850k/year last year which is $25k more than they were paying Pittman, and $100k less than what Chaney was making.

Bearded, you have got to stop carring these idiot UGA fans' water for them.

Kirby countered for Chaney, but didn't go high enough to keep him. UGA folks can spin this any way they like (and they spin EVERYTHING not 100% unicorns and rainbows for them) but in the end Chaney was going to be their OC for 2019. Now he isn't.

If Pittman leaves, look for the same BS out of the mouths of those idiots...."we didn't really want him....he wasn't up to UGA standards" or other ridiculousness.

Kentucky is reporting that Georgia has offered Eddie Gran their OC job... if true, that shoots a hole in the Georgia spin that "Coley was our true OC, anyway".
It's hard to figure. They gave Coley the co-OC title to keep him from going to be the OC at ATM. But now, when given the opportunity they don't promote him? I don't quite get it.

Yeah, I was totally blown away by Kentucky's 35 rushes for 77 yards and 7 points against us last November with their best team in over 40 years... 2.2 yards per rushing attempt? Wow, stand back.
And based on a one game sample Saban looks like a moron.

Reactions: trion23
It's hard to figure. They gave Coley the co-OC title to keep him from going to be the OC at ATM. But now, when given the opportunity they don't promote him? I don't quite get it.

Because, maybe, just maybe, they planned for Chaney to be their OC going forward, were surprised he left, are now scrambling to replace him, and are stuck with a salary structure built on his presence?

Naaaaah. I am assured by the UGA lurkers in here and their Vol water carriers that UGA is all over this, and was HOPING Chaney would leave......

Friend catches a lot of flack but he did a good job at Colorado State.
Mike Bobo missed him in 2018 and is now on the hot seat
Preach. Colorado State was one of the few teams that had success running the ball against Bama in 2017 (144 rush yards). Had more rushing yards than UGA (133) or Clemson (64) did against Bama in 2017

Bearded, you have got to stop carring these idiot UGA fans' water for them.

Kirby countered for Chaney, but didn't go high enough to keep him. UGA folks can spin this any way they like (and they spin EVERYTHING not 100% unicorns and rainbows for them) but in the end Chaney was going to be their OC for 2019. Now he isn't.

If Pittman leaves, look for the same BS out of the mouths of those idiots...."we didn't really want him....he wasn't up to UGA standards" or other ridiculousness.

"if they really do give Pittman $1.5 million/year as has been rumored, then it might be true"

Context matters, but I get it, you just want 7 pages of "rah rah rah we stole Chaney from Geogia".

We'll find out if he was worth paying $1.5 mil/year for without having Pittman or not. On paper at least it is a good hire especially given the length of the coaching search.

"if they really do give Pittman $1.5 million/year as has been rumored, then it might be true"

Context matters, but I get it, you just want 7 pages of "rah rah rah we stole Chaney from Geogia".

We'll find out if he was worth paying $1.5 mil/year for without having Pittman or not. On paper at least it is a good hire especially given the length of the coaching search.
You woudl bitch and complain no matter who UT hired so what’s the difference

Reactions: vols40 and zydane47
Discussion on a message board is bad? Cool.

Where again did I say that Chaney was a bad hire?

Your post he quoted literally questions if Chaney is worth the hire without Pittman.

Not hard to see that you might possibly think he’s a bad hire

Your post he quoted literally questions if Chaney is worth the hire without Pittman.

Not hard to see that you might possibly think he’s a bad hire

So questioning whether or not hiring Chaney for $600k/year more than what he was getting paid at Georgia, without getting Pittman as well is a no no?

Would it make your heart feel better to know that I'd have questioned hiring Yurcich or Canada or any of the other OC's mentioned in the search for that kind of money?

People forget that Friend is a well respected O line coach that knows what he's doing and so is Chaney.

Both of them also have good knowledge and experience as a OC as does Osovet.

In case of emergency and Chaney was sick then Friend could step right in and be the OC as long as he had to do it and so could Osovet.

We just don't need Tee or Pittman for anything and the way Tee treated Tennessee in the past I really don't care if he comes back to UT or not.

We have a good coaching staff now so we're good so far.

VFL...GBO!!!

Indeed. This incessant want to screw over guys (YAC, Friend, Weinke) that took a chance and joined a 1st time HC blows my mind. We should try to be more like Clemson and build a loyal, family oriented atmosphere. Jmo but it will pay off long-term.

Is anyone shivering because Gran stayed at UK? Dude isn't that good. Look at his 3 UK offenses. I hoped UGA would get him, but alas we all get to laugh at them now.

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back