How nervous does Pittman on staff cause UGA now?

Just don't know or care about the goings on inside the Ga. Staff. Don't get me wrong, if it has an impact on our program, then O.K.
I am sure if "baggage" has to come with Chaney, it has been worked out, and be damned with the problems it causes GA.

Looks like Chaney has left Pittman for a Friend.

Chaney was getting tired of losing the "largest man-boobs on the coaching staff" competition every year. Jumped to UT cause he knows he can definitely beat out Friend.
Will-Friend-Sam-Pittman-Rob-Saye_kzq78c.jpg

Swap right now, no ?s

I'm down with this.........we can get Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt to get Smart on the phone....talk them into trading Pittman for Friend and spot them a little bit of cash.......horse trading, love it. Love to have Pittman on board.

Reactions: lovavol
People forget that Friend is a well respected O line coach that knows what he's doing and so is Chaney.

Both of them also have good knowledge and experience as a OC as does Osovet.

In case of emergency and Chaney was sick then Friend could step right in and be the OC as long as he had to do it and so could Osovet.

We just don't need Tee or Pittman for anything and the way Tee treated Tennessee in the past I really don't care if he comes back to UT or not.

We have a good coaching staff now so we're good so far.

VFL...GBO!!!

Last edited:
It'd be great if he left UGA but Smart basically wouldn't get into a high level bidding war with UT so he could have money to pay Pittman/Coley who are known, proven coaches/super recruiters.

Reactions: pooodsdawg
People forget that Friend is a well respected O line coach that knows what he's doing and so is Chaney.

Both of them also have good knowledge and experience as a OC as does Osovet.

In case of emergency and Chaney was sick then Friend could step right in and be the OC as long as he had to do it and so could Osovet.

We just don't need Tee or Pittman for anything and the way Tee treated Tennessee in the past I really don't care if he comes back to UT or not.

We have a good coaching staff now so we're good so far.

VFL...GBO!!!

Will Friend is well respected for O line coaching? Lol

Reactions: 08Vol
Pittman is not getting any side eye from any Georgians. GA fans love the guy because he has been recruiting some of the best O-linemen GA has ever seen. So all the fans I work with want to do whatever it takes to keep him--so if he left they would blow a fuse.

Reactions: 08Vol
Pittman is not getting any side eye from any Georgians. GA fans love the guy because he has been recruiting some of the best O-linemen GA has ever seen. So all the fans I work with want to do whatever it takes to keep him--so if he left they would blow a fuse.

One of my coworkers is a Georgia alum, he believes that Kirby wanted Pittman from Arkansas, and it was Pittman that said he would only go to Georgia if they hired Chaney, and not the other way around.

Might be butthurt Georgia fan, but if they really do give Pittman $1.5 million/year as has been rumored, then it might be true considering Coley the co-OC made $850k/year last year which is $25k more than they were paying Pittman, and $100k less than what Chaney was making.

Kentucky is reporting that Georgia has offered Eddie Gran their OC job... if true, that shoots a hole in the Georgia spin that "Coley was our true OC, anyway".

VN Store

Back