How much have the Vols GROWN...

armchairvol

this year? That's really one yardstick by which a coach should be measured--are his teams better at the end of the year than at the beginning. That's one thing about Pattino and Louisville: They are consistently fairly mediocre early in seasons--but come on and come on and by*the end of the year, his got his talent playing well.

What's discouraging about this Vol team is that they ended the year with a thud--and that's why I think they'll be out after the first game. Hope I'm wrong. UT has some talent, and during the year they played a bevy of strong opponents--Kansas (at Kansas!), Memphis, Marquette, Georgetown, Sienna, others. Geez, that type of schedule ought to make a team tournament tough. Instead, the Vols blow their last game of the year--at home--against a bad alabama team, and then gagg the sec title game away against lowly miss. state. Pearl said the team wasn't "patient" on offense. If you haven't learned how to work for and take good shots by the start of the NCAA tourney, you aren't going to learn...and that's why I have little confidence in this undisciplined group that can't make free throws and seems to have learned little from its stout occ schedule.

and that's why I have little confidence in this undisciplined group that can't make free throws and seems to have learned little from its stout occ schedule.

Wow, that's really depressing......but true, except for alot of improvement towards the end of the year......but still inconsistent........

I think alot of it depends on guard play......when Maze has a good game, and Hopson plays well (or Tatum), we can beat anyone........When those guys struggle and Tyler takes alot of crazy shots, we are one big mess.........

Thats my take on it..........

I am excited that OK ST hasn't been to the tourney since 2004-05 so not many if any on their team has tourney playing experience.

UT will beat Okie St b/c Okie likes to run, and we like to run, and when we run, we win. pure and simple. Also this team is just dumb. their basketball IQ sucks. Its not a/b if this team has grown, their just awfully dumb basketball wise

VN Store

Back