How much has all the recent negative news around UT made you feel?

How much has the recent negative news affected your feelings about UT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why can`t our coaches recruit intelligent players rather than thugs.
These players care nothing about our university, themselves, their future, or their families.
Makes me real mad.

Reactions: 1 person
These players care nothing about our university, themselves, their future, or their families.
Makes me real mad.

Why did Osborne recruit thugs?

Why did OSU recruit Maurice clarret?

Jimbo a guy had rape allegations?

Kiffin someone who robbed a place?

Bama a two time offender who got booted on his third offense?

And on and on and on and on.

You pull twenty players a year and many are from poor single mom families...this is unavoidable.

Makes me real mad.

I would be willing to bet that you are going off pure emotion there b/c that is a pretty exaggerated post.

Paint with a broad brush much?

Last edited:
Let's get down to it, as so many have predicted this is our year. CBJ is going to lead us to a SEC Championship, and maybe the NC as well. All these lies and title IX crap will go into the trash, once we win the SEC. There's no stopping CBJ-he is a great leader on and off the field. We've been "Headed in the right direction" for years, now were there.

Of course, no one wants to see their alma mater presented in totally biased and inaccurate ways, but the thing I focus on are the so-called "sources" putting the stories out and how the media simply jumps on board. I'm more disturbed by the way our society has devolved. We've become group think and pack like. We're also a society of thin skinned, put upon victims. Everyone is offended. Everyone is wronged. We've simply lost our way in this country. This, much more than the negativity surrounding UT, has me most concerned. Frankly, I doubt this country will survive what's happened to it. Tragic. I voted a little as well.

I've had the same thoughts about survival as a nation for some time. My one consoling thought is that those primarily responsible are generally a lot younger than I am; and they, not I, will be on the receiving end of their stupidity. The leadership crisis - there isn't any leadership - has been brewing for a very long time, so there is no one to get the kiddies in line. "Party on" pretty well sums it up.

I've had the same thoughts about survival as a nation for some time. My one consoling thought is that those primarily responsible are generally a lot younger than I am; and they, not I, will be on the receiving end of their stupidity. The leadership crisis - there isn't any leadership - has been brewing for a very long time, so there is no one to get the kiddies in line. "Party on" pretty well sums it up.

You are correct and only a crisis of epic proportions will bring out what is left of what originally made us a great country.

It's made me feel this much

\--------------------------------------------------/

Makes me feel good, errbody knows we're back n now they just wanna dig up crap to try to keep us down!!!! This to shall pass!!!!!! Go VOLS🔶🔸🔶🔸🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

I'm more disturbed by the way our society has devolved. We've become group think and pack like. We're also a society of thin skinned, put upon victims. Everyone is offended. Everyone is wronged. We've simply lost our way in this country. This, much more than the negativity surrounding UT, has me most concerned. Frankly, I doubt this country will survive what's happened to it. Tragic. I voted a little as well.

I think it's much, much deeper than this. These are the fruits of neoliberalism end-game capitalism and a "multi-centric" world. It was only 30 years ago that Thatcher said: "There is no society, only individuals.... (and families....)". And here we are.

This is the, I suppose, dialectic of a society of fully free individuals but with only a "bourgeois" education. Only my story counts. The two choices are Elephant and Donkey. Cuba had nothing to do with ending Apartheid. Jerry Springer was an actual television show (is it still on??). I want it all and I want it now.

By far the most animating social project of a multi-centric bourgeois world is the lawsuit.

I voted a good amount. I might have taken the last one, but no way in hell do I vote, "Now a Vandy fan."

Maybe I am a bit unrealistic about it, but I try to hold our players in all sports to a higher standard. Not only to a high standard of playing at a championship level, but to how they perform as students, and as young men and women. When they do the right things in all areas (game play, civic service, making grades and graduating, going on to play professionally or do well after they graduate in other areas) I remember their names with a degree of deep admiration. It is frustrating when they do not meet that standard as to character.

I get that they are just human. I get that they are young, and some might not have had the home environment my parents gave me. And the penny ante stuff is easy to forgive. However the armed robbery, bar brawls, DUI, drug dealing, alleged rapes, and especially the Mack Crowder charges are deeply disturbing. I will also throw in Albert Haynesworth stomping on an opponents face. That was just sick, and I still have not forgiven that.

Some of the charges I refer to happened a long time ago, and I realize that the vast majority of our athletes make me proud in every way. The reason the small minority of our athletes disturb me the most is how it reflects on those who make me proud.

I hope the coaches and administrators do all they can to work toward eliminating these kind of incidents. And there may be little we as fans can do about it. Or is there? If those who might make these kind of mistakes knew the fans who support them will forgive the minor stuff, but stand against them thumbing their nose at the law? It might, just might, give one of them reason to think before they act. But those who make excuses for them are enabling this behavior. I just feel it is time for more folks to quit overlooking this kind of stuff, and more making sure they know this will not stand in their eyes.

So flame away, because I know some will. I am used to it by now. And believe it or not, to the OP, thanks for posting this poll. And by now, you all know I make fun of most polls. However, this one was mostly appropriate, IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's much, much deeper than this. These are the fruits of neoliberalism end-game capitalism and a "multi-centric" world. It was only 30 years ago that Thatcher said: "There is no society, only individuals.... (and families....)". And here we are.

This is the, I suppose, dialectic of a society of fully free individuals but with only a "bourgeois" education. Only my story counts. The two choices are Elephant and Donkey. Cuba had nothing to do with ending Apartheid. Jerry Springer was an actual television show (is it still on??). I want it all and I want it now.

By far the most animating social project of a multi-centric bourgeois world is the lawsuit.

EVH, next time I go shopping for a dictionary, I need your guidance. And yes, Springer is still on.

A few years ago, a former coworker was on it, but the whole thing was staged, and she used a fake name. Recently, a good friend of mine's step grand daughter was on it, and it was for real. I was told it was a, "I am pregnant and need a paternity test to know who the father is" episode. Nothing staged about it, and she used her real name. I just don't get the world anymore.....

VN Store

Back