How much football experience do you have?

How much football experience do you have (pick highest level)

• Played Elementry/Little League Football

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Played Junior High/Middle School Football

Votes: 55 7.9%
  • Played JV High School Football

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Played Varsity High School Football

Votes: 309 44.3%
  • Played Non Power 5 College Football

Votes: 101 14.5%
  • Played Power 5 College Football

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Played Semi Pro Football

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Played Professionally Outside of US

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Played NFL Football

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • No Football Playing Experience

Votes: 111 15.9%

• Total voters
Growing up poor, I never had the money it took to play organized football. I did play a lot of sandlot in my youth though. I also played rugby for 26 years.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Well if I told you that the Boys Club teams were sponsored by:

Magic Chef
Brown Stove
Hardwick Stove
and Whites Used Cars

Anyone know what town? (I played for Whites Used Cars LOL).

I played with the Possums (Knoxville) from '80-'84. The rest of my career was with the Augusta Maddogs. Although I could play anywhere, my main positions were flyhalf and fullback.

The prime Art Reynolds years. Good stuff. I played for the possums briefly in the mid 90’s

Growing up poor, I never had the money it took to play organized football. I did play a lot of sandlot in my youth though. I also played rugby for 26 years.

Rugby is a mans game. The league I was in had kids with dads that were legends. Guys with no neck and odd shaped ears and square.

Rugby is a mans game. The league I was in had kids with dads that were legends. Guys with no neck and odd shaped ears and square.

I was lucky enough to play in the backs instead of the forwards so I was able to keep my good looks intact. I’ve played with and been hit by many guys who resemble that last remark though.

Reactions: Smokeyone
The prime Art Reynolds years. Good stuff. I played for the possums briefly in the mid 90’s

I’m trying to think of who we might mutually know from the Possums:

Wally Burnett - Flyhalf
Doug Brown - Forward
Tim Chambers - Forward
Oscar ? - Flanker
Wild Man - Forward
Steve Cunningham - Back

I am sure there are more, but my old brain isn’t what it used to be.

Wally, Doug, Tim, and I are childhood buddies.

My plan is to play in the St. Patty’s tournament in Savannah in March. However, I currently have a bad case of plantar fasciitis that is hindering my training. If my foot cooperates and I am able to play, I will be able to say I played in 5 decades. I missed the ‘70s by 5 months.

Reactions: Smokeyone
I played a little football in Scotland with St. Mirren Football Club for a brief stint. Oh wrong football!

VN Store

Back