How many seniors pass on the bowl game?

I predict a record of seniors across the country will sit out meaningless bowl games this year. We may see a couple of Vols sit it out.
If they had gone bowling every year, I would have said 1 0r 2. Since they have had to work so hard at geting the bid, I think all will go unless they have been injured so badly that they could not get on the plane.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Which of the Srs or Jrs would skip playing in the Bowl Game in order to protect themselves for the NFL? It happens a lot, times have changed.

If we had guys that were sure fire first rounders then some would be sitting. But we don’t. I think we will be lucky to get maybe 3-4 guys drafted. None likely in the first 3 rounds.

Reactions: I40flyer
I think any kid that sits out anywhere should have to give scholarship money back. It’s BS. Imo

But it's OK for administrators and coaches who leave to receive what amounts to golden parachute money to assure future financial viability? Perhaps players should have a clause that if they play in a bowl game and receive a career-ending injury, the school pays the amount they would have received if drafted. I understand, folks like you prefer the double standard so players entertain you and damn whatever happens to them as a result. You just give your usual, "Sorry this happened to you" and go your merry way. I don't like the sitting out business either, but I won't damn a player to purgatory and beyond for trying to assure he has a means of income and supporting a family in the future. I don't expect the self-righteous in their fake holiness to ever understand this.

Well if it turns out we are going to the MCB, I’d support the entire senior class sitting out. Being stuck instate against a garbage opponent will do nothing to benefit them. Literally it’s a lose/lose for all involved. Win against Louisville and it was expected. Play and get hurt and any chance of going to the NFL goes right out the window. Also it’s not like they get a free trip to a nice climate. Nope they get to go further north to a place they could drive themselves every weekend.

Well if it turns out we are going to the MCB, I’d support the entire senior class sitting out. Being stuck instate against a garbage opponent will do nothing to benefit them. Literally it’s a lose/lose for all involved. Win against Louisville and it was expected. Play and get hurt and any chance of going to the NFL goes right out the window. Also it’s not like they get a free trip to a nice climate. Nope they get to go further north to a place they could drive themselves every weekend.

Big fan of bowl games?

How about one last chance to don the Orange and play in a reward game for a remarkable turnaround, hopefully continuing to build momentum, boost recruiting, and forward the program?

Big fan of bowl games?

How about one last chance to don the Orange and play in a reward game for a remarkable turnaround, hopefully continuing to build momentum, boost recruiting, and forward the program?

I think these kids deserve a reward, not be stuck in a city they probably drive to regularly for weekend trips. The. Factor in the weather and it’s more a punishment for the schools payout.
Last chance to wear the orange is great and all but that’s not gonna fulfill these seniors dreams of making the NFL. Please enlighten me what destroying Louisville does to help these kids. Now say we lose or they have a bad performance and I guarantee it hurts them. It’s lose/lose for these kids ina crap climate right down the road from school

I think these kids deserve a reward, not be stuck in a city they probably drive to regularly for weekend trips.
Everyone is acting like Jacksonville is Honolulu. You can easily drive to Florida, too. Fact is: making a bowl with a $5M payout after starting 1-4 with losses to Ga St and BYU is a tremendous accomplishment.

VN Store

Back