How long has it been?

Still not sure I am there yet myself. Been burned too many times over the past 15 years thinking we had finally “turned the corner” only to get smashed back down to earth. Most recently was that eight game win streak Baldar cobbled together. That said, I do feel more optimistic than I have in a long time. But it remains cautious optimism. I think we know after this four game stretch though. The signs are promising. It just is going to take awhile before I can let my guard fully down.
I am cautiously optimistic but after Butch and then the one kinda fluke season from Pruitt I need to see multiple seasons of progress before I jump all the way in.

But hot damn does it feel amazing to actually look FORWARD to a game (as opposed to dreading it)

'15 and '16 had some weeks where the atmosphere was super charged. But in general those years, there was an underlying sense that it wasn't all quite real. The wins, even the big ones, felt somehow brittle. And of course, we found out by the end of each season, that was right.

I don't have that underlying sense, this year. I feel as good about the Vols going forward as I've felt since, probably, the Fulmer years. Unbridled, that's the right word. Unbridled enthusiasm and confidence--not necessarily that we'll win every game or even the next game, but that we're on the right path. On our way to winning championships in the not too distant future.

Go Vols!

Well said my friend

I am cautiously optimistic but after Butch and then the one kinda fluke season from Pruitt I need to see multiple seasons of progress before I jump all the way in.

But hot damn does it feel amazing to actually look FORWARD to a game (as opposed to dreading it)
Or get excited when the qb drops back to throw instead of cringing 😬

Reactions: Falcons02
I have been a huge Tennessee fan since attending my first game in the early 1970's. Growing up, I was always excited in anticipation of Saturday afternoons. By the late 80's and 90's , I would get almost giddy in anticipation of big games. I will admit in recent years Saturdays have been met with a sense of dread wondering just how bad will we get beat or what new low will our program sink to. I am super pumped for the game this Saturday. I haven't been this excited probably since The Alabama game in 2016. Tennessee had gone to Alabama the year before and almost pulled off the upset. I really thought we might be ready to pull an upset at home in 2016 but in typical Butch Jones fashion they laid a giant egg and was blown out. Since that game I just haven't gotten too pumped up just to be let down. But this week has been different, I am super excited and really hoping we finally have a coach who is ready for these big games. So my question is, how long has it been for you that you "all in" and pumped for a big game thinking we are going to finally get a big win?
I can remember my junior year at UT - week 6 at TAMU. We were ranked in the top 10 and had the chance to meet Alabama the next week at 6-0, but we know how that turned out.

While this game “feels” different…..beating Kentucky in 18 was probably bigger……just “game for game.”

However this game could lead to a definite growth in Tennessee……..that KY game…….was simply Tennessee beating Kentucky……then Tennessee going back to being Tennessee.

They beat Kentucky who finished the season like 12th…….then went on to get stomped by Missouri and Vandy.

Hopefully this Tennessee team wins, then continues to improve.

Still not sure I am there yet myself. Been burned too many times over the past 15 years thinking we had finally “turned the corner” only to get smashed back down to earth. Most recently was that eight game win streak Baldar cobbled together. That said, I do feel more optimistic than I have in a long time. But it remains cautious optimism. I think we know after this four game stretch though. The signs are promising. It just is going to take awhile before I can let my guard fully down.

Before the start of the season, I would have said we had 5-6% chance of winning tonight. Today, with momentum gained the last couple of weeks, I'd say we have 60% chance of winning against a good team. Most Very Exciting!

VN Store

Back