How Jake Fromm became the draft's biggest freefall and what it means for UGA

The turnovers + Georgia's offensive line, who the media creamed their pants over last year, got dominated by South Carolina's defensive line.

South Carolina's front 7 last year was totally legit and underrated though...they had a LB and 2 defensive linemen drafted off of it the other day, including Kinlaw who was the 14th overall pick. Muschamp is not a good HC but he is a good developer of defensive players.
That OL was truly overrated. Baylor's DL got to Fromm three times in the Sugar Bowl and it was only a 3 man line. Of the three, the only one that didn't get drafted was the former aggy (Lockhart) lol.

That OL was truly overrated. Baylor's DL got to Fromm three times in the Sugar Bowl and it was only a 3 man line. Of the three, the only one that didn't get drafted was the former aggy (Lockhart) lol.
I think it's really interesting how Georgia the last couple of years has rotated people very frequently on their O-line, a la Tennessee during the Georgia St game last year (with disastrous results). I totally get rotations on the D-line, not as much the O-line.

Reactions: BUBear
I think it's really interesting how Georgia the last couple of years has rotated people very frequently on their O-line, a la Tennessee during the Georgia St game last year (with disastrous results). I totally get rotations on the D-line, not as much the O-line.
They had a lot of injury issues which is why Mays started pretty much everywhere at some point.

They had a lot of injury issues which is why Mays started pretty much everywhere at some point.
Not necessarily talking about the moves due to injuries - they'd move guys around from play to play it seemed like, when there wasn't an injury. Just like teams do with a D-line. Within the same drive Mays would play half the plays at tackle and half the plays at guard.

I remember coming on here after the Georgia St loss and seeing fans, rightly so, rip Pruitt for rotating our O-line as though it was a scrimmage game. Basically nobody was really defending Pruitt after that game, but I do remember reading some comments to the effect of "Well, Georgia does that too and their offensive line is really good."

Reactions: BUBear
Not necessarily talking about the moves due to injuries - they'd move guys around from play to play it seemed like, when there wasn't an injury. Just like teams do with a D-line. Within the same drive Mays would play half the plays at tackle and half the plays at guard.

I remember coming on here after the Georgia St loss and seeing fans, rightly so, rip Pruitt for rotating our O-line as though it was a scrimmage game. Basically nobody was really defending Pruitt after that game, but I do remember reading some comments to the effect of "Well, Georgia does that too and their offensive line is really good."
Idk. I dont coach.

Pittman was their OL coach last season. One of the best in the business at it. He's HC at Arky now. If he moved that UGA around a lot he had very good reason for it, likely other than injury. There's lots of film NFL scouts can view to see players at various positions for openers.

Pittman was their OL coach last season. One of the best in the business at it. He's HC at Arky now. If he moved that UGA around a lot he had very good reason for it, likely other than injury. There's lots of film NFL scouts can view to see players at various positions for openers.
Stopped reading at Arky 😂😂😂

VN Store

Back