How Good Is This Young UT Team?

HawgVol

With young talent like Tatum, Woolridge, Negedu, and Hopson; all freshemen. Anyone know how long any of these guys plan to play at UT? How good do you think UT will be this year, and in years to come? When these guys are rolling on all cylinders and the team is clicking they look unstoppable. Defense seems to be the part that is lacking. We've got some shooters, and when Chism wants to he can be a man in the paint. I think this young and inexperienced team will continue to improve, and I know it's early to say this but may finally bring UT past the Sweet 16. GO VOLS!!!!

this weekend has been the first chance i've had to see our vols play this year. no doubt we have talent this year. but i couldn't help but notice in the games against sienna and georgetown that we have got to learn how to shoot close to the basket. i can't remember how many layups and 5-footers that i saw us miss in those 2 games. also i'm not sold on williams, he makes too many mistakes. hopefully he will improve over the course of this season.

They can be as good as they want to be! As far as D, I know at times it seems they give easy baskets. But cmon. Turning Georgetown over 19 times? Our D caused them to play at our pace and not doubt will improve as the year goes on. I'm not worried about the D. And this with out putting the press on them very much.

They can be as good as they want to be! As far as D, I know at times it seems they give easy baskets. But cmon. Turning Georgetown over 19 times? Our D caused them to play at our pace and not doubt will improve as the year goes on. I'm not worried about the D. And this with out putting the press on them very much.

Alot of those turnovers came at the end of the game where they poured the pressure on, and played like they wanted it. Too many easy buckets, and miscommunication such as switches on screens. Saw in the game where both defenders followed the screener and left a man wide open in the corner giving them an easy bucket. Though they are really good at getting up in the passing lanes, and capitalizing on their length.

gtown great defensive team year in and year out and UT just put up 90 on them with about 15 missed layups and what 10 missed fts....
this team can be better than last year but remember there will be some growing pains as very young.

So far CBP has done EXCELLENT coaching job

They are that good..When this team gels and all the chemistry comes together, I look for this team to make it to the Elite 8. There is some very good talent on this team.

this weekend has been the first chance i've had to see our vols play this year. no doubt we have talent this year. but i couldn't help but notice in the games against sienna and georgetown that we have got to learn how to shoot close to the basket. i can't remember how many layups and 5-footers that i saw us miss in those 2 games. also i'm not sold on williams, he makes too many mistakes. hopefully he will improve over the course of this season.

Yeah I agree, hell he never played high school ball either. He makes dumb decisions with the ball sometimes. Though he is one of the few true big men UT has, and he will really be needed against someone like Blake Griffin or Tyler Hansbrough. Ogilivy is the only big man I can think of right now in the SEC, but I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Thank god Blake or Tyler isn't in the SEC.

gtown great defensive team year in and year out and UT just put up 90 on them with about 15 missed layups and what 10 missed fts....
this team can be better than last year but remember there will be some growing pains as very young.

So far CBP has done EXCELLENT coaching job

No kidding way too many missed opportunities and they still hang 90 on Gtown. Can't do that against the better teams. Offense is close to what it needs to be, but i still think the defense could be A LOT better. Also BRUCE PEARL IS GOD!!! GO VOLS!!! :rock:

Turnover is a turnover whenever it happens. And no question the D must improve. But man, do they hustle, cause choas, and disrupt. Playing this well this early in the season, with this young of a team, really bodes well for the Pearl Orange vols.

Our big guys had the ball knocked right out of their hands after grabbing rebounds way too much today, but I can't fault the result. Something to work on, but a great day to be a Tennessee Vol!

This is a terrific win. This will look good in the RPI ratings on down the line (provided Georgetown is a factor in the Big East).

Interesting to read the Georgetown Basketball forum about today's game. Seems the Hoyas were just glad to hang with us and not be embarrassed by Tennessee. Kind of different to be the team that Georgetown with its tradition finds a moral victory in a twelve point defeat.

I love this team and the hard work and determination that they show, especially being so young... But fundamentals need to be improved on or that will come back to bite us down the stretch...

It will be interesting to see the young guys play tomorrow, and watch Maze. Man he is an excellent role player, I think he is a junior hope he continues to play next year as well.

VN Store

Back