How glad is UCLA Barnes had a buyout?

Jerry Green might bee the most underrated figure in the history of the school.

Won 71% of his games, made the tournament every year, made it to a Sweet Sixteen. He was here 2 less years and had less NCAAT success than Pearl, but he won a higher % of his game than he did. And all at a moment in time when the basketball program was, for all intents and purposes, completely neglected as far as admin support.

Why did he resign again?
I don't think him and the administration saw eye to eye. That's what I don't get, people act like Barnes set the bar here when in fact he hasn't done anything that hasn't been done here before. In fact if you go based off of recruiting he's underachieving

Blue blood? What has he done?
He's saying that the only reason we pay Barnes as much as we do is because a blue blood (UCLA) tried to hire him and that if a blue blood tried to hire Wade, Pearl or Oats, that they would be paid $5M a year as well.
And he's right.

He's saying that the only reason we pay Barnes as much as we do is because a blue blood (UCLA) tried to hire him and that if a blue blood tried to hire Wade, Pearl or Oats, that they would be paid $5M a year as well.
And he's right.
Got ya. Misread that part. UT should have let Barnes walk that's my opinion and you have your own.

VN Store

Back