How far do we fall

Tnvolfan68

After wwatching this butt whipping does Tennessee fall out of the top twenty?

I say #16
Auburn should move up to #5 they look awesome and with the schedule WOW

We will probably fall a good bit since we were favored to win and were ranked over Auburn.

Auburn deserves a top 5 ranking. They are for real.

Man, I am STILL reeling.

Definitely NOT looking forward to next week.

I still love my Vols though. We'll get past this.

And we DID beat the Gators.

I think Vols will still stay top 15. And, they still have a shot against Georgia, who's defense has considerably less skill than AU. I think the season outcome rests entirley on next week's game.

Originally posted by milohimself@Oct 2, 2004 10:18 PM
And, they still have a shot against Georgia, who's defense has considerably less skill than AU.

Let's hope you're right.

Looking at tonight... Tennessee's offense finally got knocked into reality, but they have begun to find themselves for the first time this season. They finally faced somebody who put up a fight, but then when the Vols hit their stride, it had the potential to be a game winner. Unfortunatley, the way we played the first half, it looked like UT shouldn't have even been ranked.

Later in the second half, if it was not for the fact that Auburn intentionally drew penalties to slow down the drive during much of the time, (not using that as an excuse for UT's loss -- Auburn deserved the win), Tennessee's offensive would have been explosive, and possibly closed the gap. And it was during times where Auburn's penalty strategy didn't work out in their favor that Tennessee looked like they still had a chance with a good fight and some help from God.

Same goes for the defense, in the second half, it didn't look like a complete joke for the first time.

All of this said... Auburn deserved the win. Now let's hope Vols can pull a win out against the Bulldogs, and still make the SEC championship game.

GO VOLS!!!

We got our hats handed to us in all phases of the game...Next week will be worse...We ditched the running game way too early and the Freshman played the part...The O-Line was horrible also...If we don't improve all around Georgia will smash us again...Just hard to find any positives in this whippin!!! :bash: :beer:

Originally posted by SUPERVOL33@Oct 2, 2004 11:56 PM
We got our hats handed to us in all phases of the game...Next week will be worse...We ditched the running game way too early and the Freshman played the part...The O-Line was horrible also...If we don't improve all around Georgia will smash us again...Just hard to find any positives in this whippin!!! :bash: :beer:

I agree with Supervol,we got the nail in a coffin so to speak tonight.Auburn took it to us and didn't even look back.I gave up after the first half.Call me a quiter if you will but Auburn showed us how under-devoloped or defense is and how much our young qb's still need to learn.Georgia's going to be a nightmare next week.I hope we can pull a big upset in that one.That will make my year complete.

We just got whipped by a better team period. We'll probably be out of the top 25 after the GA game next week, but we'll be back in the rankings by the end of the year. Erik Ainge looked like a freshman tonight for the first time, but that's ok. Even Peyton Manning had a game or two like this one his freshman year. The secondary looked awful, and they have to face David Green next week (OUCH!). On the upside, the rest of the games after GA are easily winable.

9-2 and another trip to the Peach Bowl.

We knew it was coming folks , all that Hiesman talk (load of crap) Erik has skills but he's still wet behind the ears and to win a hiesman you need a supporting cast and our D and O-line let both the freshmen down. If they don't make some changes and learn from this next week won't be any better. My :twocents: we should have cranked it up to run more, may not have worked but what we did last night didn't work either. :crap:

Originally posted by milohimself@Oct 2, 2004 10:18 PM
I think Vols will still stay top 15. And, they still have a shot against Georgia, who's defense has considerably less skill than AU. I think the season outcome rests entirley on next week's game.

Georgia's defense is for real. Tennessee is in for a a$$ wooping next week. Although, I'm going for the Vols.

I agree ,Georgia has a solid defense,they showed that against LSU.Next week does not look good after last nights showing.Damn it bites living in Georgia.

And, they still have a shot against Georgia, who's defense has considerably less skill than AU

UGa's defense looked pretty good to me yesterday. Our lack of a defense and everyone's knowledge of how AU exploited it yesterday will make this a long season for us. We simply have to learn how to tackle. I've never seen so many missed tackles in all my life. If we have started the freshman mistake phase of our season, the pressure will increase on the defensive side of the ball for us. I just don't think we can stand up to that.
:banghead:

We got beat by a better team last night and we learned some valuable lessons. I expressed my opinion last week that I would take a Auburn loss for a Georgia win and that's what we are gonna get. Call me crazy but you couldn't script it any better if you tried. Georgia will be solid favorites and the Vols will be given little chance to win. Georgia wins big over LSU and the Vols get pounded at home. The Vols will beat Georgia and take control of the SEC East. SECC.....UT vs Auburn.

why does fulmer keep coming out slinging the ball against this team. we have one of the better running games in the country! run the ball, control the clock and then throw the ball. ainge looked rattled early in the game. he been playing the 6th man role all season. why change now? he never got ajusted to the speed of the game. next week lets burn the hedges down! gooooooo voools!

Originally posted by tennvol068@Oct 3, 2004 1:27 PM
why does fulmer keep coming out slinging the ball against this team. we have one of the better running games in the country! run the ball, control the clock and then throw the ball. ainge looked rattled early in the game. he been playing the 6th man role all season. why change now? he never got ajusted to the speed of the game. next week lets burn the hedges down! gooooooo voools!

That's a good guestion. Obviously we had to throw more once we got behind but we did come out passing from the beginning. Maybe they had 8 or 9 in the box in those series, I can't remember.

If you weren't to upset to notice, towards the end of the game, UT's offense actually did hit a stride. I didn't say that Georgia's defense was bad, just that their's is not as good as Auburn. LSU doesn't really have much of an offense, IMO, so Georgia's defense did look really good.

Ainge has had bad happenings before. Our team lost in the state playoffs first round last year. We barley made it in and then got our butts kicked because we had a crappy defense. But, he can learn from his mistakes, get back in and keep playing strong.

I think Houston did well enough against the Auburn game, he just didn't do well enough because of the rest of the team. And I stand by saying that the O-line did not get beat. The pressure came from behind because the backs weren't blocking for Ainge from the side. Munoz and the boys are still a very capable bunch.

This is my strategy on how to beat Georgia: Get Ainge trained to be able to hit a hot streak fast. Get the recievers so they can put their hands outside of Georgia's secondary players and grab the ball at all costs. Tennessee goes in, scores fast. Give Georgia as many possessions of the ball as possible. That may sound ludacris, but as good as Georgia's offense is and as bad as UT's defens is, Georgia will still not be able to capitalize on every single drive. It's a practical statistical imposibility. And when they fail to, blitz for a TD.

I still got the faith. Am I guaranteeing a win? Not by any means. But I believe it can be done.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Oct 3, 2004 12:18 PM
We got beat by a better team last night and we learned some valuable lessons. I expressed my opinion last week that I would take a Auburn loss for a Georgia win and that's what we are gonna get. Call me crazy but you couldn't script it any better if you tried. Georgia will be solid favorites and the Vols will be given little chance to win. Georgia wins big over LSU and the Vols get pounded at home. The Vols will beat Georgia and take control of the SEC East. SECC.....UT vs Auburn.

We will lose to Georgia, Freak. It will take more than a week to fix what is wrong with our defense. I will still pull for the Vols, but my orange colored glasses got broken last night.

I'd still rather lose to Auburn than Florida though. ;)

VN Store

Back