How Far do the Vols Go?

How Far do the Vols Go in the tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

white65

I'm posting this cause I'm in a bracket at work for money and I wanna make sure my glasses aren't too bright a shade of orange.

Bonus points for posting who wins it all if it isn't the Vols.

If the Vols make it past Virg, it will be Gonzaga vs Tennessee, if they don’t I think KY vs Gonzaga

Gonzaga for the win

Vols got a lousy draw with Cincinnatti. We could certainly lose that. If they get past Cincy, Final Four is a real possibility. Sunday is the game to watch.

Cincy is good on D, but not elite, they are a good rebounding team but not elite, they don’t score a ton, and are 142nd in 3 point %........ this should not be an extremely tough matchup for a team like Tennessee, but I guess it depends on how Tennessee plays.

I hate to be negative here. I can definitely see us going all the way if everything lines up right for us just like any team.

Buttt...also it's hard imagining the team that got beat by 20 by any team in a championship game, winning the NC. I'm hopeful they've re evaluated themselves and got whatever happened corrected.

It is a new day!

Cincy is good on D, but not elite, they are a good rebounding team but not elite, they don’t score a ton, and are 142nd in 3 point %........ this should not be an extremely tough matchup for a team like Tennessee, but I guess it depends on how Tennessee plays.

In my opinion, Cincinnati being anything less than a 5 seed was a slap in the face of a very impressive team. Defensively, they will present much the same aggressive, half court looks we saw from Auburn. Jerron Cumberland is one of the best guards we will see in the tournament. This will be an extremely difficult matchup for what looks to be a home game for the Bearcats.

Bone makes the rim his friend by spending so much time there during the tourney. Grand and Schofield average double doubles. Alexander may foul out of half the games, but makes his presence felt rebounding and scoring. Bowden and Turner battle for the most 3's. Tennessee beats Zaga in early season rematch for National Championship!

Bone makes the rim his friend by spending so much time there during the tourney. Grand and Schofield average double doubles. Alexander may foul out of half the games, but makes his presence felt rebounding and scoring. Bowden and Turner battle for the most 3's. Tennessee beats Zaga in early season rematch for National Championship!

The games. Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, LSU...Auburn....Kentucky and Auburn are like tournament games. We should now be ready!

I'm posting this cause I'm in a bracket at work for money and I wanna make sure my glasses aren't too bright a shade of orange.

Bonus points for posting who wins it all if it isn't the Vols.

Play Colgate & win. Play Iowa & win. Play Virginia & ???? If we get past Virginia, we play Ky & ?????

Bone makes the rim his friend by spending so much time there during the tourney. Grand and Schofield average double doubles. Alexander may foul out of half the games, but makes his presence felt rebounding and scoring. Bowden and Turner battle for the most 3's. Tennessee beats Zaga in early season rematch for National Championship![/QUOTE

Who eliminates Duke??? Michigan eliminates Zaga!! Kentucky eliminates UNC! We get past Colgate & Iowa & we eliminate Virginia!

In my opinion, Cincinnati being anything less than a 5 seed was a slap in the face of a very impressive team. Defensively, they will present much the same aggressive, half court looks we saw from Auburn. Jerron Cumberland is one of the best guards we will see in the tournament. This will be an extremely difficult matchup for what looks to be a home game for the Bearcats.

Aub played great D vs Tennessee but they back that up with a pretty good O and a very good 3 team. While Cincy is good on D, they do not have near the O that Aub gave Tennessee problems with.

Mis ST is a 5: they beat Cincy, Wofford, Fla, and Auburn
Marq: is a 5 they beat Louis, K St, buff, Wisc, Nova
Aub is a 5: they beat Fla twice, Mia ST, and Tennessee twice
Wisc is a 5: they beat, Mich, Maryland, Iowa, Minnesota,

Cincy beat: Temple, Mississippi, and Huston one out of 3 times......... Cincy is NOT and should not be a 5 seed....... but my opinion is no better than yours.

Reactions: Stoked and Larkin
Cincy is legit, no doubt about it. That said I'm not as concerned as some about the whole "home game" thing for Cincinnati. Of the 3 true road games we dropped all season, Rupp was the only one where I'd say the crowd got to us to any degree. Overall I think the Vols have handled themselves extremely well in road environments, some very raucous, including the win at Ole Miss in one of the most intimidating, borderline dangerous home crowd environments in recent memory. If we do get paired up with Cincy and approach them as anything less than a power program, we could certainly lose to them, but I think as always with this Vols squad, the risk of complacency is much more dangerous than a tough crowd. The time for complacency had better be over.

FF, or this season ends a disappointment IMO. I like our chances. But like every team, we have laid a few eggs along the way.

Also, I love how every year so many study brackets and assume who will play who in the FF, EE, s16. After the first games, the brackets are usually mangled.

Tennessee has a great shot at the final four, if we get past these first 2 rounds our confidence will pick up more steam I believe. From there on out I like where we are bracketed, if we get to the final four anything is possible. One game at a time BIG ORANGE!!!!!

Elite 8 Logically speaking, they should win the 1st 2 games if they are a quality team. I expect a barn burner in the 3rd game but a victory. Then they will be the underdog in a 4th game. At that point its anyones guess who shows up for dinner.

If people are really concerned about Cincinatti, then you have to admit we have been grossly overrated all year. You can't have it both ways. We spent a long time as the highest ranked team in the country. We are ranked in the top 10. and a number two seed. Those teams, if legit, do not lose in the second round. It's time to nut up or shut up.

Reactions: Big time vol
We will make it to the final 4 if we can stop Virginia's REALLY good 3 point shooting team. But even if we stop that, they can take it inside on us easily.

I voted E8. I do think we could go all the way,BUT it would mean our offense would have to be hitting on all cylinders. All of our double digit guys would have to be on their game and Alexander would have to play at his senior potential on both ends of the floor and more than 12 minutes without fouling out. Our D would have to be the best it has been all season.
I doubt the stars align for all this to happen so I'll stick with an E8 finish.

Reactions: Big time vol

VN Store

Back