How does Kiffin to Ole Miss affect our 2020 class and recruiting?

Worst possible situation for Tennessee. Probably doesn’t effect anything this year but he would be a nightmare for us recruiting Memphis.
giphy.gif

I'm a dead horse beater on this one, but we have to recruit better in middle TN. There is very little elite talent in Memphis in 2021 class. Memphis always has and always will be an open city for recruiting. OM, Bama, and others will always peel some people out of there. Let Kiffin have it, maybe go down there and get dirty for an occasional 5*. The real talent hub of the state is now greater Nashville area, which includes Rutherford, WIlliamson, and the rest of the counties that ring Davidson.

This rains true. Historically and even in CPF heyday we did not do very well in the Memphis area. An occasional Cedric Wilson type player we'd sneak out of there was big for us and he was considered a 3 star or less coveted as his local peers. With Gray, Banks, and the couple of others Pruitt has secured the last 2 cycles has been big. Now with what we have projected to sign this year I will go as far to say Pruitt has been more successful than the coaches before him. In the sample size we've got to witness at least. So yes Kiffin could definitely make it harder for us especially with the staff making the area a priority.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
If I’m not mistaken he loves the athlete from Florida. That’s who he focused on while in south Florida. He will have a tough time recruiting there from Memphis for the same reason everyone else does, Memphis is in the middle of so many other schools. He needs to get ready for that west Schedule.

Look for Smalls and OT to head to OleMiss now .. maybe the Whitehaven kids .

Kiifffeen gonna sign 38 5 stars this class, weeere skrewud I tell ya!

I do think it will make recruiting Memphis more interesting/difficult in the coming years but mid TN, VA, NC and GA can produce the talent we need.

Reactions: Helton1
Not this class. Maybe in the future.

Kiffin will beat us for some and our staff will beat him for some. Kiffin will put together a great staff but still it will be hard to assemble a better group of recruiters than Pruitt and the staff he's assembled. CJP will have to replace a few in the offseason. either from them leaving for a better opportunity or CJP replacing a few and upgrading them.

kiffin at Ole Miss is going to make recruiting more difficult at Tennessee...???Ole Miss just got more difficult to recruit for everyone!

Kiffin has to resurrect a fallen program in the toughest division of the toughest conference. He is going to have to right the ship and pull some upsets before he can be a threat.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Does Kiffin go after any of our coaches? I see that as a higher threat than him “stealing” any of our commitments.

Kiffin has a liking for coeds and he was just hired at a place with some of the hottest coeds in the country. I'd say there will be trouble at some point.

VN Store

Back