How do you ward off Moose attacks?

When I go into the woods hiking I always come across the inhabitants.... mostly it has been moose. And they have done some strange things around me, from getting aggressive and wanting to attack me, to letting me sit in a canoe for a hour taking photos a short distance from them while they eat. I used to go into the Maine North Woods for vacy and I always had these encounters... where most of the other folks I met there asked me how they can see a moose close up. They called me Moose Man...lol. But they were just too noisy in the woods to get close.

I was just wondering if others got into jams with these beasts... it can be hair raising and quite dangerous. I have a video of me being stalked by a moose... it started with me sneaking up on it while he was eating along a logging road, to it stalking me. Ended up we had a show down where we were 25 feet apart, no where for me to run to, and it was getting pizzed at me. When it lowered its head and raised the hair on its back, I stopped taking pictures and put the camera in movie mode to record my azz kicking. But I managed to talk my way out of it with the help of some rocks.

When I go into the woods hiking I always come across the inhabitants.... mostly it has been moose. And they have done some strange things around me, from getting aggressive and wanting to attack me, to letting me sit in a canoe for a hour taking photos a short distance from them while they eat. I used to go into the Maine North Woods for vacy and I always had these encounters... where most of the other folks I met there asked me how they can see a moose close up. They called me Moose Man...lol. But they were just too noisy in the woods to get close.

I was just wondering if others got into jams with these beasts... it can be hair raising and quite dangerous. I have a video of me being stalked by a moose... it started with me sneaking up on it while he was eating along a logging road, to it stalking me. Ended up we had a show down where we were 25 feet apart, no where for me to run to, and it was getting pizzed at me. When it lowered its head and raised the hair on its back, I stopped taking pictures and put the camera in movie mode to record my azz kicking. But I managed to talk my way out of it with the help of some rocks.
You smell good?

I think I’d worry if I found out that I was moose bait... 1560825515061.gif1560825608020.gif

Maybe bathe more often?

So I have patiently read through all 20 replies, hoping to figure out the Attacking Moose inside joke, yet it isn’t happening.

@NEVolFan, is this a common occurrence in your life? Is this a Thing now?

I live in West Asheville, where my most common threats are hipsters struggling with too-tight jeans over their black boots and roving gangs of tattoo artists. (I love WAVL and wouldn’t live anywhere else other than Pacific Grove, which we can’t afford, so nm.) Oh, and drivers prowling for parking spaces on Haywood Road.

In poker, they say that if you don’t know who the sucker is at the table, it’s you.

Sounds like a mating ritual to me.

This guy let me take photos for an hour while he ate.... every now and then he gave me a look and went back to dinner.
yFYKEwh.jpg

NEVF...the first time I ever saw a Moose n the wild was on a ski lift at Canyons/Park City Utah. I was on ski lift about 30 ft above them and thankfully we were totally ignored. What a Huge/Majestic animal!! An 870 Remington with 16 shot slide and combo of tactical buckshot and slugs for the last resort. Otherwise, smile and wave and stay downwind :)

VN Store

Back