How do Tennessee players look at the program and not do something about it?

WhenUrVolUrVFL

If I’m Peyton Manning and I bleed orange, and my name still has some sort of time value left with the current generation of young players/recruits—I’m acting now.

Hire Peyton Manning as coach now. Time value decays. And that’s what we have with Peyton.

Do you think any kids now know who Dan Marino is or would really care for a chance to play for Dan Marino? Because in 10 years, the same will be true for Peyton.

It’s time to push the nuclear option.

Peyton Manning for Head Coach of the Vols.

If I’m Peyton Manning and I bleed orange, and my name still has some sort of time value left with the current generation of young players/recruits—I’m acting now.

Hire Peyton Manning as coach now. Time value decays. And that’s what we have with Peyton.

Do you think any kids now know who Dan Marino is or would really care for a chance to play for Dan Marino? Because in 10 years, the same will be true for Peyton.

I don't think he wants to coach, I think he likes the business side

giphy (11).gif

Delusional. Trolling

I don't think he wants to coach, I think he likes the business side
Guy is worth almost $500m. Earns over $30m a year in endorsements and is headed for NFL ownership at some point I suspect, but yeah, he's gonna drop everything and come coach at UT. It's asinine, but each and every coaching search, there's someone throwing it out there. Just ridiculous.

Peyton was involved in the finding of Danny White and he is also involved in the coaching search. I would definitely call that "doing something about it."

Peyton is not going to coach. Peyton doesn't want to coach. That would honestly be a waste of his talents. He will be a GM for an NFL franchise one day.

On this note, I think it’s time to retire from VN. Y’all crazy. It’s been fun, but these dumbass threads have gotten old. Coach will be here by mid week, next week. I think we’re all confident it’s gonna be a huge hire. Let’s just enjoy our team now. Go vols.

How’s it worked out for us hiring 3 of the last 4 coaches with no college HC experience?

Reactions: Tombo7

Peyton Manning has just as much blood on his hands as anyone. His input in coaching also has horrendous track record across college and NFL

Guy is worth almost $500m. Earns over $30m a year in endorsements and is headed for NFL ownership at some point I suspect, but yeah, he's gonna drop everything and come coach at UT. It's asinine, but each and every coaching search, there's someone throwing it out there. Just ridiculous.
I didn't say he wanted to coach, so don't bring me into it

Have you ever noticed how few superstars in any sport go on to be successful coaches?

There's a reason for that.

Peyton was involved in the finding of Danny White and he is also involved in the coaching search. I would definitely call that "doing something about it."

Peyton is not going to coach. Peyton doesn't want to coach. That would honestly be a waste of his talents. He will be a GM for an NFL franchise one day.

I think the closest Peyton wants to get in coaching is his involvement in his QB school down in La.

Have you ever noticed how few superstars in any sport go on to be successful coaches?

There's a reason for that.
I can think of a few in the NBA that had some head coaching success and maybe a couple in baseball. Ex-NFL stars have had second careers in business or broadcasting but not head coaching.

Reactions: SpookyAction
He’s smart and knows it would be a lose lose scenario for him. He doesn’t want the headaches.
Who knows? Maybe he’d be a great coach. We’ll never know.

Because they look at fans like you and say...."Nah...."

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back