How did you discover VolNation Football Forum?

An Ohio State fan and member of Eleven Warriors suggested that I post here in grammatically correct complete sentences. It worked. My posts are like fingernails on chalkboard to some of VN's most belligerently inane members.

I was reading an article online about Bruce Pearl's '06 team beating Florida and there was a link at the bottom of the article that said something like "discuss this on Volnation" Crazy to think I have been here almost 14 years

I was a member of a separate smaller vols forum for a couple years roughly 04-06. I can't remember what the name was, but it was a pretty good site. Suddenly one day it just disappeared so I found myself googling for a new home. I found this place and joined up. Been here for going on 13 years now.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I was a member of a separate smaller vols forum for a couple years roughly 04-06. I can't remember what the name was, but it was a pretty good site. Suddenly one day it just disappeared so I found myself googling for a new home. I found this place and joined up. Been here for going on 13 years now.
Sounds like Voltalk.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I had moved to Hampton Roads for grad school and needed some Vol fans to talk to after Tennesseee lit up Cal in the season opener back in '06

It was referred TOS on scout at one time. Scout just kept going down hill.

Crazy the amount of time I spend on here now (my wife probably isn’t a fan) but just a great place to converse with fellow vol fans. Thanks Freak.

I was trying to look up some Vol football stuff, and the link popped up. can't remember what I was searching for, but VN was barely a year old then. Funny thing, to combat all the chatter and nonsense going back and forth, Freak created a sidebar site we could go to for BS posting. Name is on tip of my tongue, but won't roll off. I've seen VN evolve, for the better mostly, but those early days were great.

I was trying to look up some Vol football stuff, and the link popped up. can't remember what I was searching for, but VN was barely a year old then. Funny thing, to combat all the chatter and nonsense going back and forth, Freak created a sidebar site we could go to for BS posting. Name is on tip of my tongue, but won't roll off. I've seen VN evolve, for the better mostly, but those early days were great.
Remember the radio call in show?

Remember the radio call in show?

Yeah. I vaguely remember that one. Never participated though. That's an oldie. The other site Freak created for mindless banter started off pretty good. A lot of the same guys. Less restrictive. But, it eventually faded. VN held on for the long haul. Actually, Freak probably let it fade. As VN grew and needed constant technical and programming attention, it was destined to be his only baby.

Reactions: MAD
I was in the Middle East and starving for anything Vol related. I went to KNS site often. One day I noticed VN, clicked on it and was immediately hooked. My boss was a Bammer, so he use to give me grief when he caught me on the site during working hours. So, I got the IT guy to help me put VN logo as a screen saver. I never heard the end of it.....but, it was all in good fun.
Thanks for the many, many, many hours on VN Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls keep up the good work.

Like some of you mentioned I used to visit the KNS site. Someone always posted in the comments of each article, “continue the discussion on volnation”. Finally made it over and lurked for a year or so in 2008 before joining.

Sports Parlor South fell apart and this was the only alternative. Most you whiny bitches would have never survived over there.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I joined during the dumpster fire Schiano hire/fire. Just looking for like minded people and googled UT football forum. It was either here or Volquest but Volquest cost 100 bucks a year and I am cheap. Honestly though, there is some really good posts here. Well thought out, well researched. I can't imagine Volquest being any better.
Same timeframe I joined for much the same reasons.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back