How can Kiffin take a bad Old Miss team and get the players to buy in?

They are still bad but they can score now. The players are all in. Our team doesn't seem to be very motivated. This is his first year there and they stunk it up last season. They even beat UK.

Culture is a weird thing. It’s soooo hard to create it. Lane Kiffin comes in with an edge and that makes players play with a chip on their shoulder. Pruitt comes in as more of a “old money” guy and it doesn’t immediately motivate players. Not to say it won’t, but it hasn’t.

Kiffin simplifies things allowing his guys to play faster. Kiffin will run the same pass plays...like spurrier....out of many formations. chaney should take notes!

Culture is a weird thing. It’s soooo hard to create it. Lane Kiffin comes in with an edge and that makes players play with a chip on their shoulder. Pruitt comes in as more of a “old money” guy and it doesn’t immediately motivate players. Not to say it won’t, but it hasn’t.
what does "old money" guy even mean? Pruitt started from the bottom, started in high school ball. I don't get how that's like "old money"

I don't think anyone loves being miserable.... but there are reasons our team sucked "this year" which may make it suck going forward. That's what's being discussed.
While all of us fans spending time living in misery. The coaches and administrators are enjoying their wealth. We really need to find something better to do starting with myself.

Ole Miss has a 4-5 record and you are saying their players have bought in?

Hahhahahahahahahah!

His offense may average say 45 but his defense would give up 55 a game.

Yeah, that's the kind of guy we want.

Then, he'd leave us in a year or two.

When will the "We want Kiffin" lunacy end?

Never said we want Kiffin but he gets kid motivated and believing they can win. I am glad we didn't play Ole Miss this year because they might have hung 50 on us. They are more fun to watch than the JG show was this year.

They are still bad but they can score now. The players are all in. Our team doesn't seem to be very motivated. This is his first year there and they stunk it up last season. They even beat UK.

Lane is a good (but not great) HC that understands what it takes to be a HC.

Pruitt is a micromanager that is too busy calling LB alignments to run a program. He does not have the soft, personal, or leadership skills to be the CEO of a SEC program

Pruitt’s still trying to figure out the culture at Tennessee, no luck just yet

Interesting fact: 2 of 3 first year head coaches in the sec had better records than CJP this season. The third one beat us head to head.

So each of these teams was terrible a year ago. Each fired their head coach. Yet each was still better than UT this season

Leach: 4-7
Kiffin: 4-5
Pittman :3-7 (beat UT)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back