How can Kiffin take a bad Old Miss team and get the players to buy in?

Can you really blame Kiffin for leaving UT for his Alma mater? Seriously? Now, the way he departed, in the middle of the night, was kinda shady. But, again, can you blame him? USC was his dream job!! If Pruitt gets the opportunity to be HFC at Bama, he'll do the same damn thing! Kiffin is no traitor. Not saying I like him(I don't). But let's be fair.
USC isn’t his Alma Mater, Fresno State is. Now with that being said I agree with you. He left for a better job and nearly doubled his salary in doing so.

Reactions: Remy and kbear01
When Kiffin and Cheney were here...they would set up only half of the field...like on a roll out to the right so Crompton wouldn’t have to think so much but could react faster. He did the same at USC with Carroll. I always thought that would’ve helped JG tremendously but we never tried it that I could tell.
because that was all Kiffin

USC isn’t his Alma Mater, Fresno State is. Now with that being said I agree with you. He left for a better job and nearly doubled his salary in doing so.
I knew he was a Southern California boy. So, if he returns to Knoxville, we can just look forward to him leaving for Fresno State, now. :p

Never said we want Kiffin but he gets kid motivated and believing they can win. I am glad we didn't play Ole Miss this year because they might have hung 50 on us. They are more fun to watch than the JG show was this year.
That stuff dies off. Kiffin will never win a championship. He didn’t at SC with women and talent and he won’t anywhere else. His rah rah stuff is fun for a bit.

I think he’s overrated as a playcaller (he coat us two games in his only year), but what he did with Crompton should never be forgotten. Probably the best QB coach in the league.

There were a couple games here where Vols were flat (Ole Miss, & Va Tech) but they did play very motivated most of the season. The current situation we’re in is beyond embarrassing.

There were a couple games here where Vols were flat (Ole Miss, & Va Tech) but they did play very motivated most of the season. The current situation we’re in is beyond embarrassing.
I think those games and the UCLA game were the worst we played that season. Ole Miss was really bad and the bowl game no one seemed focused at all.

Reactions: wmcovol
Kiffy can relate to kids and get them excited. When he was here they played a couple flat games but they did get up for some key games.

Comparing Kiffy & Pruitt in that category, kiffy was a 10 and Pruitt was a -10. Pruitts team never seemed excited to play from the get go.

Reactions: guesscrazy
They are still bad but they can score now. The players are all in. Our team doesn't seem to be very motivated. This is his first year there and they stunk it up last season. They even beat UK.
Start by hiring one of the best if not the best OC in the country and the having the 3rd ranked offense in the country.

Reactions: guesscrazy

VN Store

Back