Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4/PS5) Release Date February 18, 2022

Anyone playing? What are your impressions? It's killing me not to play because I'm trying to hurry up and finish Death Stranding DC first, as I vowed not to start another game until I finish what I'm playing but the "FOMO" is real for me! I've been doing everything I can to avoid spoilers!

I’m going to play Elden Ring first. Horizon will be after that.

Someone at the offices of Guerilla Games needs to rethink their release date strategy lol.

Zero Dawn was released at the same time as Breath of the Wild, which hindered sales. Forbidden West is coming out at the same time as Elden Ring, which is getting near perfect scores….

Poor Aloy. She deserves better.

Someone at the offices of Guerilla Games needs to rethink their release date strategy lol.

Zero Dawn was released at the same time as Breath of the Wild, which hindered sales. Forbidden West is coming out at the same time as Elden Ring, which is getting near perfect scores….

Bad timing for real. Hard call her poor, though, when she's on the box of a game they spent $125 million to make (and it actually looks like it) and probably another 50 million to market? What that would be in machine shards?

Pro-tip: when you need resources to upgrade a weapon or armor you can create a quest at a workbench and make that your active quest. Pretty useful, especially after the initial area.

Meh, I wouldn't feel too sorry for them. Horizon ZD went on to sell over 20 million copies and was a game of the year nominee (lost to Breath of the Wild). Horizon Forbidden West will do massive numbers regardless of Elden Ring. From Software games are for a very specific audience. They typically do not have the mass appeal that Zelda does and even Breath of the Wild only sold around 7 million. From Software's last game, Sekiro, only sold around 3.8 million. Don't get me wrong, From Software games are awesome and I am beyond excited to play Elden Ring but I don't think Guerilla Games is too worried about it LOL. I will say though, it looks like this year's GOTY belongs to Elden Ring. Horizon FW will still get a nomination of course, but the critics have spoken and spoken loudly. Elden Ring will be your GOTY.

Pro-tip: when you need resources to upgrade a weapon or armor you can create a quest at a workbench and make that your active quest. Pretty useful, especially after the initial area.
I'll need to remember that when I'm playing

I look forward to playing this in 4 years when it finally gets to PC.

The insanely fun and beautiful Ghost of Tsushima should get a port at some point too. It seems that 3 years is the Sony minimum arbitrary wait period, so maybe next year they'll decide to take that easy money.

Well, I know Elden Ring has kind of a niche crowd.. but currently on Twitch, Elden Ring has 700K viewers. Forbidden West has 4k viewers. I do think it suffers from releasing at the same time.

It also suffers from being a sequel to a game that got old and boring before wrapping up the first time around. Looks great but gets old fast.

It also suffers from being a sequel to a game that got old and boring before wrapping up the first time around. Looks great but gets old fast.

Well, that's one opinion. I loved Horizon ZD and Forbidden West looks like it improves on the first one in every way. I'm trying to finish up Death Stranding DC so I can play this!

Last edited:
Well, I know Elden Ring has kind of a niche crowd.. but currently on Twitch, Elden Ring has 700K viewers. Forbidden West has 4k viewers. I do think it suffers from releasing at the same time.

A PS exclusive isn’t going to have a twitch footprint, and if you sort Elden Ring streams by consoles you won’t see many people with more than a dozen viewers.

Last edited:
Protip: if you need parts from the “Apex” variety of a large machine, advance the time to night at a shelter near a normal machine site.

Return to the site at night and the machines there will almost always be “Apex”.

Also, you can advance to morning to avoid the Apex versions usually and save some time/ammo if that’s not required.

Last edited:
Biggest tip: advance the main story first until you get all the tools and the flying mount even if under leveled a bit. Then do the optional missions to level up as needed for the finale.

The game is designed for these tools and many side missions that require annoying climbing puzzles are just quick rewards when you can fly.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Firing this up to get me over the depression of beating Elden Ring. 145 hours spent on that game, this one is going to take some getting used to.

[VIDEO=]
^this is why I play on a computer

Well, not this game yet :) but I can wait.

I used to be a big time PC gamer back in the 90's and early 00's but I finally got out of it because I felt like I was constantly spending money on upgrading.

Last edited:
[VIDEO=]

I used to be a big time PC gamer back in the 90's and early 00's but I finally got out of it because I felt like I was constantly spending money on upgrading.
I do big upgrades every five years or so, and usually just get a whole new rig. I dont bother with anything else unless something breaks.

Usually I can future proof my rig to be at least a generation ahead of the consoles so I never miss out due to hardware. It has worked for me so far, but to each their own.

Reactions: Rifleman
After 80+ hours of AC Valhalla I forgot what it was like to play an open world RPG with actual character. I don’t think I can mentally take another Ubisoft game.

Reactions: Rifleman
After 80+ hours of AC Valhalla I forgot what it was like to play an open world RPG with actual character. I don’t think I can mentally take another Ubisoft game.

I've been saying that about Ubisoft games for years. Their games feel like mass produced "assembly line" creations. They all kind of have the same look, the same feel, the same soullessness to them. I dont find any of their games compelling at all.

Reactions: Persian Vol
Welp…. about 50 hours in and somehow my data got corrupted and wiped. Knocked me all the way back to a save at the 19 hour mark.

Awesome.

VN Store

Back