Hoosier coach got his wish!

Allen coached at Lambuth in Jackson Tn in 2008-09 with the Rev Freeze, then followed him to Ark St. Then started the climb to HC @ IU.

There was also the play when the IU player took both fists and forcibly pushed himself up off Josh Palmer after that critical 3rd down pass from Maurer. If I remember correctly we got a personal foul penalty called on us for an almost identical play against Alabama that gave them a 1st down after we had stopped them during a citical part of that game.
You talking about the play where Palmer went down out of bounds? If so, I don’t think the refs had a good view of it. I rewound the dvr and both officials on that side of the field were shielded by IU’s players and coaches

It sure looked like (on tv) that the stadium was 4/5ths Orange and sounded that way, too. As they say, "Tennessee travels well"!

It was funny how quiet it got that last 5 mins.

One IU fan was walking around high fiving when anything halfway good happened. ( first downs, good play on their defense etc.) In all the joy of the moment, I forgot to look to see his reactions. I really wanted to just punch him. But to your point, yes, they did loose their voices.

Reactions: feathersax
that's a well coached team...hats off.

I think he got the most out of his talent but I'm not so sure they're well coached once the game started. In fact I'd say he was outcoached by CJP. Why did he not call a timeout late in the first half? Why couldn't he protect a 2 TD lead with 5 mins to go? After we took the lead he had two chances to get into FG range and kick a game winning FG. That's nothing in today's college football where the rules heavily favor offense. Why didn't he have his hands team out there in the 4th qtr on the kickoff? If this had happened to us, half this board would be calling for Pruitt's firing

Reactions: memtownvol
Indiana not well coached ……. not buying hype for Allen if Vols had QB good enough to start in Southern Conf. Tenn would have won 4 TDS...……..

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
call it whatever...…….I 'll call it a Tenn win playing with an inferior QB...…………..GO VOLS

It was a joke ... lighten up a little ... sheeze.

No. The point was, IMO, you are a joke. We won in the last 5 minutes. Barely. Against Indiana. A team, by comparative historical standards, we should have beaten soundly, and played the reserves in the latter half of the fourth quarter. To come on here and make your little joke shows your complete lack of both maturity and intelligence. And I consider you and your pathetic sense of humor an embarrassment to the fan base. Sheeze that.

Well, I don't know if they showed it on tv...during a timeout, the chearleaders and dudes with huge flags came out on the field. One guy waving his flag over the Tn huddle.

Then, we had an injured player on the field, listened to them chant IU the entire time our player was down.

I'm fine if they left feeling empty, good for them!!!!
I wonder if the IU fans even know or have basic football etiquette. The boos certainly drowned out the IU chant. I also thought the flags were way to close to the UT huddle. Just odds behavior imho.

I wonder if the IU fans even know or have basic football etiquette. The boos certainly drowned out the IU chant. I also thought the flags were way to close to the UT huddle. Just odds behavior imho.
Times like this I’m reminded of the advice: “Act like you’ve been here before, and like you expect to return.”

No. The point was, IMO, you are a joke. We won in the last 5 minutes. Barely. Against Indiana. A team, by comparative historical standards, we should have beaten soundly, and played the reserves in the latter half of the fourth quarter. To come on here and make your little joke shows your complete lack of both maturity and intelligence. And I consider you and your pathetic sense of humor an embarrassment to the fan base. Sheeze that.
Tell that to Penn st.

Entirely too close to the UT huddle. As he moved the flag back and forth, it flew over part of the huddle. I'm not sure that I've ever witnessed a time out and the winning team's cheer squad take over the field. I used it as a teaching moment for my children, I leaned over and told them "you better be careful when you act like that, God will get you." At the end of the game, my youngest said, " he sure did get them!" I laughed.....

Last edited:
good grief just shut up.

Last edited:
Reactions: vols4evah

VN Store

Back