Hooker needs to come back next year.....

HiltonHeadVol

TokyoVol
Love me some Hendon, but today showed that he needs lots of growth to even be considered at the next level. So I don't care to hear any more angst about whether Hook declares for draft or not. If he goes, he goes, but it would seem ill advised based on today's performance. Not being overly critical but you simply CANNOT hold the ball on 4th down or throw it away on 4th down. Georgia commits quite a few PI penalties and you have to give your guy a chance.
It was a tough defense by Georgia, but there were plays out there to be made, and that we left on the field. Proud of our team, and very proud of our Defense, who deserved better. They got enough stops to have made this game much more competitive. Congrats Dawgs on the SEC East. Not yet sure if Bennett can get you to the promised land tho.

Rather he comes back or not will be based off of today's performance. To be honest it will probably not be based off of what he had done at any point in the season. The offense Tennessee runs is nothing he will be asked to do in the pro. The qb isn't asked to read a defense at all so him coming back to run this offense will probably not benefit him from that standpoint.

His decision making was poor today. If he is enticed into going, then so be it. I won't lose any sleep on it. Plenty of very good qb's in the portal.
It wasn’t poor he missed a few throws he had been making but he went to the right place all game…

I suspect he will see what his draft grade would look like but anticipate he will be back unless he’s a first rounder and he’s not.

He could be next year. Certainly a 3 round guy after one more season.

I said Hooker needed to have a good night and put up number the next two games and he may get people in his ear and he may toss his hat in the ring for the draft.
His numbers were good tonight but he looked I guess the word is indecisive and not confident after those first few possession.
I think he'll be back next year now...

His decision making was poor today. If he is enticed into going, then so be it. I won't lose any sleep on it. Plenty of very good qb's in the portal.
Who are the good QB's in the portal? Just curious, not looking for an argument.
I think we'll see some good QBs go in at the end of the year.
Does Bennett still have a year left? Would that be enough for JT Daniels to maybe go looking for another school?
If GA goes on to win the title this year. Pretty sure Bennett starts next season, if he's eligible or doesn't go to the draft....

Who are the good QB's in the portal? Just curious, not looking for an argument.
I think we'll see some good QBs go in at the end of the year.
Does Bennett still have a year left? Would that be enough for JT Daniels to maybe go looking for another school?
If GA goes on to win the title this year. Pretty sure Bennett starts next season, if he's eligible or doesn't go to the draft....
2021 College Football Transfer Portal
This is 247 and is far far from a complete list. The LSU qb, Rattler, etc are not yet listed but will be as well as several other top names. Not that I want Rattler necessarily.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Will our o-line improve enough to protect him next year? Not sure how much better he’ll look with a leaky o-line.

VN Store

Back