Hooker---Dave Style

I hate to pay anyone who screwed us as much as Pruitt did, but I do think it is wise to keep ant dirty laundry out of the press. however, some of the other coaches who were fired may do the same thing. If Tennessee really has the goods on Pruitt and the boosters do not care if their loyalty to Tennessee is exposed, tell Pruitt to go to hell. LSU has not been embarrassed by the things they have done and they are still able to pay 17.4 million to big ED. I guess we will know by day's end what Tennessee will decide. I just hate to pay someone who finished tearing our football program apart 12.6 million extortion money. On the other hand, a lot of people have paid a lot of money to keep a few lips sealed.
Any dirty laundry he has will be his own. Buy him some air time and give him his forum.
Give him $1 million to settle, never budge. It is not an offer. It is a take it or leave it sum. It will cover his legal fees, so, he technically gets nothing.
And UT should back Barnes and any other coach personally suing Pruitt for slander, get him and others under oath in deposition, and find out the origins and locations where the coaching staff learned the ins and outs of the payoff process used in Knoxville.

Should be very interesting.

I agree. Let me get that out there before my next sentence.

Wouldn't it be great to turn the light on in the kitchen and see the cockroaches, not only dart for cover, but to also see what they have been eating? If it comes to that, as Lane Kiffen says, "Get your popcorn".

I bet Danny White is tempted to just let it all fly sometimes, especially when he sees Fulmer out there running his mouth to ESPN when you know Fulmer is neck deep in it. I doubt it's White's call entirely though and head over heart, he knows the damage would just be too great. Imagine the negative recruiting when a dozen or so current or former players are deposed. Opposing coaches will be saying stuff like "you better not go to Tennessee unless you've got a law firm on retainer. Blah, blah, blah."

perhaps implicit in UT’s response that they will vigorously defend against any suit is the threat that UT will counter sue for damages resulting from Pruitt fraudulently entering into a contract that he intended to violate.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Don’t want to set a precedent as a payer every time somebody that’s been fired threatens to air dirty laundry. If you bring down this school, well known others will be next. I say hold your ground and dare him to commit career suicide. No one will want to hire someone with a reputation for being a litigious blackmailer.

I bet Danny White is tempted to just let it all fly sometimes, especially when he sees Fulmer out there running his mouth to ESPN when you know Fulmer is neck deep in it. I doubt it's White's call entirely though and head over heart, he knows the damage would just be too great. Imagine the negative recruiting when a dozen or so current or former players are deposed. Opposing coaches will be saying stuff like "you better not go to Tennessee unless you've got a law firm on retainer. Blah, blah, blah."
I understand and you are 100% right. Need to fix it, break the rear view mirror off and move forward.

Ya gotta admit though, there are some really bad actors here that have done tremendous damage to our beloved VOLS football program. We know Pruitt was malicious probably from the git-go, and Fulmer - I don't doubt his VFL status, however perhaps his "dumb jock" DNA just got in the way of everything. There may be some surprises and intrigues that would be interesting to know, and perhaps we might even find out some name coming out of left field that really screwed us up.

But it's best to keep the crazy aunt locked in the basement and just throw some gruel in there on occasion.

Lol...very simplistic. Sounds very cut and dry on the surface, but you're talking contract disputes and much deeper stuff regarding allegations and tying years of compliance over multiple programs here, not to mention loss of good will. Give the man seven mil to walk away and keep his mouth shut. Do it! Thanks for the welcome.
Open your wallet and show us the way...:cool:

What was the buyout again? Any money below that was money well spent. I'd pay this Alabama Snake 🐍 his money 💰. The longer your dealing with him the longer you are dealing with a posioness Snake. Aint gonna end up well unless you gotta shot gun or a sharp shovel, and unless I'm mistaken they don't generally allow those in courtrooms.

In other words... Don't put it past him to try to bury the program. An Alabama Snake 🐍 is always a Snake.

A figure... Ohhh... One years salary 4.4 million or there abouts with NDA. See if the Alabama snakey Jumps. He should it's very generous and he himself may want a career in college football sometime rather than be forever known as the Happy Meals Man by his own sworn testimony.

Reactions: DonDiego
One other thing... Welcome to Volnation! It's the best source and community for all things Big Orange 🍊! For all it's many challenges to see really itself as a Community. Welcome aboard the Volnation Express!

My problem with paying Cornbread is what type of precedent are we setting? If the violator gets paid anyway.....(as a struggling coach) why not cheat like heck - hope to get caught - and walk away with millions if so? The flip side to this is that your team begins to improve due to highly ranked "star" players. Get a contract extension due to "improved team performance".

Where's the downside for the coach?

Reactions: kcvols1
I'm not a fan of Dave Hooker after a couple of hit pieces, and I don't necessarily agree with him on all of this, but I wonder if he's got a good idea about paying and moving on.
Tennessee should pay Jeremy Pruitt as soon as possible

Easy on me---my first post and thread. :)
News flash to hooker they are already digging. Screw Pruitt and his attorneys threats. Look in the Knoxville news sentinel archives you can find all kinds of proven scandals over the years. So bring on the smear campaign. As far as UT sports going great I wouldn’t go that far. The cash cow is still in the ditch. Nobody cares you beat the Tennessee school of the blind from cookeville.

What? No freaking 'hello' or 'welcome to volnation'? Maybe I joined the wrong club.

Anyway, the point is not whether cornbread is right or wrong, it's what is in the best interest of Tennessee and the athletic programs going forward[/QUOTE

No, playing now that the threat is public would be an admission of guilt. Cornbread's attorney is probably another Michael Avenatti, anyway.

Cornbread was/is not smart enough to know the difference between Level I, II and III violations. The true violation was Fulmer being allowed to hire Cornbread.

With what Pruitt did(if true)screw him and his little pissant lawyer.Take his ass to court and lay out everything Pruitt did or even considered doing.His ex-coaches aren't lining up behind him.Do not ever pay out just for convenience sakes.That only shows that you are as big a wus as the conehead(no offense Dan A. and Jane C.).

Buck Fruitt. He's the kind of slime ball that would agree on a settlement and spill the beans anyway. We do not negotiate with terrorists.......er terrible coaches.

Edit: Should be Puck Fruitt

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1
Buck Fruitt. He's the kind of slime ball that would agree on a settlement and spill the beans anyway. We do not negotiate with terrorists.......er terrible coaches.
Shouldn't your first word be 'Puck'? Anyway, a no talk, no conceal, no publish clause in a buyout agreement is standard and legally enforceable.

Shouldn't your first word be 'Puck'? Anyway, a no talk, no conceal, no publish clause in a buyout agreement is standard and legally enforceable.
Yes, Puck Fruitt. Honestly, I don't have a clue about the rest of your post, so I'll take your word for it.

It's too late to settle now. The NCAA isn't going to just say "oh, you settled, we will completely ignore the letter the attorney sent you and any possible violations they were speaking about."

I'd press charges for the blackmail/extortion attempt and then take every penalty coming down the pike before I'd pay him a dime.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back