Hooker Celebration thread (feat. JG)

I really hope JG pursues coaching. He probably has a path to a successful career in football, just not on the field.

The dude has played in several different types of offenses. He’s also been part of winning big games, and losing big games. He’s been part up upsets as well as shutouts.

His knowledge and experience would be valuable in the coaching world.

Not sure if serious ? Lol

We had to suffer for far more than a year - with people arguing how good he was - that the coaches knew what they were doing - yada, yada, yada. I hope someone sends Butch Jones and Pruitt reminders that they were locked on JG as the starter
and now .... not only VolNation fans, but Wazzu fans can see that he shouldn't have been playing. It is less of a knock on JG who is by all accounts a quality kid, and more a knock on Jones and Pruitt and the experts on here that defended starting him
week after week after week.
Its weak to keep bringing this young man up. Let it go.

Bring up ex coaches all you want. They are fair game. But a kid who put it all out on the field, whether it was good or not, does not deserve to be the butt of the joke, especially after this much time.

I have no ill will towards Guarantano. Guy seems to be both incredibly bright and physically gifted. He's gonna be a heck of a QB coach in 5 years. But for the love of god, he has no ability to process the game when it's going at full speed.

Reactions: irish1485 and sjt18
I was as tough on him as anyone when he was at UT. But it is long past time to wish him the best and let it go. WSU fans may deserve some ridicule for thinking that his problems related to UT... but he's never done anything but try. He failed but you should have sympathy for him.

OP, try to get out of mom's basement every once in a while.

Reading a WSU thread from September 25th on game day is a huge red flag of mental illness.

I was as tough on him as anyone when he was at UT. But it is long past time to wish him the best and let it go. WSU fans may deserve some ridicule for thinking that his problems related to UT... but he's never done anything but try. He failed but you should have sympathy for him.
This. You can dislike the results, but the meat grinder of instability and poor offensive line play during the late butch/pruitt eras would stunt the development of almost any QB. It's football. He didn't play well. Not a lot of people would have. It's never personal, don't ever make it personal.

Reactions: irish1485
This. You can dislike the results, but the meat grinder of instability and poor offensive line play during the late butch/pruitt eras would stunt the development of almost any QB. It's football. He didn't play well. Not a lot of people would have. It's never personal, don't ever make it personal.
I don't lay his problems on any of that other stuff. He played for good coaches and had great opportunities to develop. He simply has an innate inability to process information quickly enough to be a college QB. Some guys cannot throw or throw accurately... and still look good in practice (see Milton). Some guys can make decisions at practice speed then fold in games. That was JG consistently from the first time he took the field until his last game.

Reactions: BigDave
Why? I have no ill will for him, I’d be happy to see him have some measure of success.

Did you read the comments from the Washington State people. He doesn't understand the position of quarterback. It isn't that he lacks the physical tools to play the position. You don't want him
teaching people how to play qb - he will have great success in life - just not in coaching football. Tall, good looking kid, he will do great in business - I did say all that a little tongue in cheek, but still.
He also had a crappy attitude when he pouted when not starting -

So glad we can turn yet another thread into a JG bash. For God's sake, he is like Peytons bizarro world character to many. The guy came, he tried, he left. And random laughing woman gif... weak. State what you want to say. If you've got nothing. .. how about just leave it at that. Dragging the Internet for some pic is lazy and weak.
Those internet pics were posted by Wassu fans watching him play that week, not by the VN poster.

It's important we chronicle JG's games at Wash St. He is infamous.

Of course we love his five star heart and feel bad for him.

But I have to marvel at the ineptitude...

I thought he would maybe play average for them! But damn... they literally complained about every single thing we complained about 🤣 in his sixth year!

So now every single person that said it was the coaching can officially be silenced.

This the same board that gave us the gold concerning how JG was an “experienced QB who will shine with our better OL and legitimate skill players.”? 😏

I haven't seen this posted anywhere

Just want ya'll to read through this game thread from a game between the Utah Utes and Washington State Cougars
Official game Thread. WSU vs Utah

Ahhhh brings back memories 😷

Here is one more for good measure. Don't shoot the messenger.

"He looks like he’s playing his first college game ever. No timing or awareness."

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
This the same board that gave us the gold concerning how JG was an “experienced QB who will shine with our better OL and legitimate skill players.”? 😏
Similar to the gold on this board - I think they also thought that their coaches knew what they were doing and what was best for the program. For the Utah game JG had already dropped to number 2 on their depth chart - but number 1 was injured - midway through the
game they were pushing to go with a walk on. I guess I should be glad that he helped us get rid of Pruitt - but it was hard to see others not given a chance. I personally like seeing what the transfers from here have done and are doing - including JG.

It’s not his fault, but it’s the blowback of being counted as one of our “losses”. When the rent came due? He wasn’t.

So glad we can turn yet another thread into a JG bash. For God's sake, he is like Peytons bizarro world character to many. The guy came, he tried, he left. And random laughing woman gif... weak. State what you want to say. If you've got nothing. .. how about just leave it at that. Dragging the Internet for some pic is lazy and weak.
Good grief, lighten up Francis. Don't be so damn sensitive.

It

Was

A

Joke.....

I have no ill will towards Guarantano. Guy seems to be both incredibly bright and physically gifted. He's gonna be a heck of a QB coach in 5 years. But for the love of god, he has no ability to process the game when it's going at full speed.
You have got to be kidding right?...Thats hilarious.

Attachments

• 5696C171-E345-4EC3-A653-52227D8BC339.png
    5696C171-E345-4EC3-A653-52227D8BC339.png
    647.9 KB · Views: 12
Good grief nobody hates the guy, just having a little laugh at his expense.. Folks to damn sensitive now days....
No, it has just gotten old and has absolutely no bearing on the present. I bet you like pulling the wings off flies as well.

You clearly don’t understand the VN code - if one of our own transfers out he is a traitor and we collectively hope he fails at his next destination. But if a player transfers in from somewhere else then we welcome them with open arms for seeing UT as a great opportunity and the program they should have chosen in the first place
Sounds about right to me.

No, it has just gotten old and has absolutely no bearing on the present. I bet you like pulling the wings off flies as well.
It's not old to WSU fans and what they posted was funny.

That said, past events always have a bearing on the present. The question is, do we learn anything from the past...

Based on some comments I read on here today, we shouldn't respect Hooker, since he was a transfer. He took his ball and went home. Someone literally posted this about kids who transfer earlier.

To me, Hooker is the perfect example of why sometimes transferring is the best option.

Let me break it down for you. If a player transfers from UT, then f him. If a player transfers in, we love him like we birthed him. Hypocritical? Yes, but that doesn’t matter. You are either with us, or against us. It’s either Vols or nothing, that’s why I’m a fanatic I reckon, and I am unapologetic about it.

VN Store

Back