Honestly, ready for some roster turnover

We are losing up to five seniors and maybe Phillips. He has three players recruited
He needs to get off his backside and get good players From the porta!. Look what heupel and Vitelo are doing

I hated that we lost since it's the tourney, but it didn't sting as bad as usual like when we lost Grant, Bone, admiral etc

This team was way too inconsistent

JJJ folded
Nkahmoua did his houdini act per usual
Uros plays like he's 5'9 and costs us games
Key, do I need to explain myself there?

Only and I mean only guy I would want back is Santi.... the rest of them, it's time to move on

We have offensive weapons coming in next season

Time for a new batch to come in and take over. Way too many role players on this team
Agreed it didn't sting like losing to Loyola, but damn it, this was our chance to make a Final Four - instead, we lost to the 15/16 worst seed left in the tournament because we take stupid f'ing shots on offense

It’s coming next year. Won’t be able to rely as much on our defense next year so we better find 2 guys in portal who can fill roles but also score.
there is a guy from Wyoming just entered the portal a couple days ago -- highly regarded from what i read

there is a guy from Wyoming just entered the portal a couple days ago -- highly regarded from what i read
Yep, saw clips on him. Unorthodox player but he can score in post albeit not a leaper. Quick feet though and can handle reasonably well for a big guy.

Roster turnover will be for the good. Just really depends who is leaving. Key for sure and Uros more than likely too. Santi, ON, and JJJ will be interesting. I don’t see Phillips leaving. Just a shell of himself after the hip flexor. Say all seniors leave, Phillips stays, and add pg and big from the portal. Still a top 15 team at worst

Do we actually have weapons? We thought Phillips was going to be a weapon and the offense forces him into a shell. Barnes has to be willing to change the offensive philosophy if he wants to have weapons
This take keeps being posted but makes zero sense. Phillips was given way more minutes than he earned due to his potential. Barnes didn’t handcuff Phillips, didn’t make him miss all the open shots he took, didn’t make him fumble the ball away way too often when he tried to dribble drive, and didn’t make him miss bunnies at the rim. Phillips’ performances are on Phillips.

Agreed it didn't sting like losing to Loyola, but damn it, this was our chance to make a Final Four - instead, we lost to the 15/16 worst seed left in the tournament because we take stupid f'ing shots on offense

Barnes is my coach and I like him, but he has got to stop recruiting these weird players. I mean getting players like Uros from Serbia. Nkahmoua from Finlaand... like what are we doing?

Way too many role players on this squad and I will not miss it one bit.

As far as I'm concerned this is how the lineup should look like

PG: ? (ZZ going to be out for a while)
SG: *Vescovi* (if he comes back)/ Dillione/ Carr
SF: DJ Jefferson/ Mashack/ Phillips
PF: Awaka/ Estrella
C: Aidoo

Team going to look very different next season and that's a good thing in my opinion.

We just got to get TWO consistent scorer and a dominate big man.

No more role player teams

The guy we played tonight is going to be the hot name for everyone.
he's had one good year. Before that, it was a bit of a dumpster fire. I think when people figure out his style, he won't have much longterm success. He's also a smarmy *******. That smirk after the game I wish Uros had done a flagrant on him.

Reactions: utvolz98
We are losing up to five seniors and maybe Phillips. He has three players recruited
He needs to get off his backside and get good players From the porta!. Look what heupel and Vitelo are doing
Kansas St only has 2 guys on their roster who they signed out of high school. Six transfers into KSU for this season.

Edit: The two high school signees were not o the roster last season. No player on their current roster played for KSU last season.

Last edited:
It’s coming next year. Won’t be able to rely as much on our defense next year so we better find 2 guys in portal who can fill roles but also score.
Our 3 best defenders with Mashack, ZZ, and Aidoo are back, plus Phillips if he comes back. ON and Key weren't particularly good on defense. Santi and Jo were good and will be missed from that point of view. I guess it'll depend on how Edwards, Jefferson, and Dilione look assuming they are all in the rotation.

Reactions: JCP201

VN Store

Back