Honestly, ready for some roster turnover

Yes, because Santi is the one we would want back and he nearly left last year to play overseas.
Honestly, I'd take Santi and ON both back. ON shows potential, he just needs to be consistent. JJJ needs to heal. I love the kid, and if we had more spots, would take him in a heartbeat, but he's gotten really beat up in his time here. And I love Uros, too, but he is what he is, and it's time for him to be pushed out of the nest.

Honestly, I'd take Santi and ON both back. ON shows potential, he just needs to be consistent. JJJ needs to heal. I love the kid, and if we had more spots, would take him in a heartbeat, but he's gotten really beat up in his time here. And I love Uros, too, but he is what he is, and it's time for him to be pushed out of the nest.
I feel like it’s safe to say that’s just who Nkamhoua is. I don’t think he can ever be consistent. Luckily we got the Duke performance out of him before his time ended here.

Reactions: VOLED
I am curious to see how the NIL money will affect the guys who normally would head overseas to play rather than extend their college careers. I don't know how much they are bringing in a year but it might surpass the foreign league salary.

No, no a thousand times no. ON's not a sophomore. He's had a college career to reach his potential and it's still hit or miss if he shows up from one game to the next. Same for JJJ. I'm fine with Santi returning, but that's not going to happen. I'm ready for JJJ, ON and Plavi to all get on with their lives and wish 'em the best wherever it leads them. Just ready to turn that page.

Carr, Dillone, Jefferson, Estrella.

All those guys have put up good numbers at their high schools

For all those guys to be busts would be unlikely

They really do. But here is the issue that while the numbers in high school seem great this is college and the game is totally different than high school. And also you need coaches to continue to develop them both offensively and defensively. I think we are lacking the offensive development.

I hate to say it but the players play hard and this is a good team but man are they painful to watch on TV. I think if we were high-scoring and energetic but still lost the games we did, we would all feel better.

The way we miss shots and the offense looks, it almost makes you wonder how these players made it in the collegiate level. I have seen stronger offensive performances with intramural pickup games (granted the pressure may not be there).

Aidoo has a lot of work to do. Still too soft.
Aidoo has size and talent to be great player but he didn't show improvement from last season and yes he's soft needs add some muscle work on offensive game this team was so inconsistent even before ZZ injury
Awaka improved during season hope continues work on shooting becomes Inside threat this team so frustrating to watch b/c of inconsistency all season.....Go Vols

Barnes needs to get a lot better play from the guards and needs a huge talent upgrade there IMO.

He also needs to loosen the reigns on offense too.

Won't matter who gets recruited if they keep playing this trudging up the court, pass around the 3 point line until the clock is about up, take a contested mid range shot offense.

Aidoo has size and talent to be great player but he didn't show improvement from last season and yes he's soft needs add some muscle work on offensive game this team was so inconsistent even before ZZ injury
Awaka improved during season hope continues work on shooting becomes Inside threat this team so frustrating to watch b/c of inconsistency all season.....Go Vols

LOL, Aidoo is the one player that I see improving. He was a little off last night getting the 4 fouls quickly but game-by-game he seems to be improving more than others.

Aidoo has the height. Awaka has the heart...I think. Both are just "potential and projects" at this point. Can't hang your hat on either just yet. Need help via the portal....lots of it.

I think Aidoo has talent good size and could be great player this his 2nd yr he didn't look any better than his freshmen sewsom
Considering Aidoo didn’t get any minutes until ON went down. His sample size was as small. Reason the staff wanted him to redshirt. He got an extremely high ceiling, but as a way to go. He still improved from year 1 to year 2. Just like Mashack. Development of players should be the least of our worries. More on we need the right pieces to fit the team for next season.

No offense , but concerning ON, we shouldn’t be talking about potential for a 4 year player. Odds of him being anything different than what he’s been are pretty bad

Reactions: Ttucke11
So…rebuilding year probably?
Really hard to judge if considered rebuilding but definitely different. Every team in the SEC is going to experience the same thing. With NIL and transfer portal any given year has surprises. At least Barnes has created a very good culture and success at UT. But new guys are going to have to execute it. We need two ringers in the transfer portal who can make a significant positive impact to continue to be successful in my opinion, either as starters or getting a lot of run. Otherwise we will have challenges on the offensive end again.

We need some players that can put the ball in the hoop. Defense is great but offense wins games. The inconsistency and some players not even showing up for games is getting old. And we need more than one PG next year.
Not to mention some guys who can hit clutch shots in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game!

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Mus at AR. He looks like a coach ready for a legacy program
As petty as Mus is with his antics I do think he is a very good coach. He has proved it many years with different programs and often with new cast of players each year.

We need some players that can put the ball in the hoop. Defense is great but offense wins games. The inconsistency and some players not even showing up for games is getting old. And we need more than one PG next year.
There's only one way to have you're wishes granted, and if you're honest with yourself, you know that is replacing RB. Enough said, no need to expand further.

Reactions: Volballfan

VN Store

Back