Home Alone Reboot

Watched the original last year with my kids. It held up. No real need for a reboot.
Of course there's a need for a reboot. Hollywood needs it because Hollywood can't come up with any decent original material. Therefore, they just do constant remakes of movies and TV shows that NEVER should have been remade.

Of course there's a need for a reboot. Hollywood needs it because Hollywood can't come up with any decent original material. Therefore, they just do constant remakes of movies and TV shows that NEVER should have been remade.

Plenty of original material coming out of Hollyweird. Original stories become premium streaming shows. Movie finances make sense for established IP, like comics, TV reboots, movie reboots, books, etc. that engage a wide audience. Studios almost entirely devote their resources to movies that they think have franchise potential. There is more money in serving niche audiences via streaming.

So when you're wondering what happened to all the courtroom/crime dramas you used to love, just turn on Prime and watch Goliath. Or turn on HBO and watch Big Little Lies. Or turn on Netflix and watch Ozark. That's where the movies went.

Plenty of original material coming out of Hollyweird. Original stories become premium streaming shows. Movie finances make sense for established IP, like comics, TV reboots, movie reboots, books, etc. that engage a wide audience. Studios almost entirely devote their resources to movies that they think have franchise potential. There is more money in serving niche audiences via streaming.

So when you're wondering what happened to all the courtroom/crime dramas you used to love, just turn on Prime and watch Goliath. Or turn on HBO and watch Big Little Lies. Or turn on Netflix and watch Ozark. That's where the movies went.

Lol, I watched 4 seasons of Goliath in one week. Excellent.
I'll give the other two a try.

I loved the first Home Alone, but I will never understand how he was able to order a pizza when all the phone lines were down.

Wish they could have worked in a Macaulay Culkin cameo for this reboot, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

I loved the first Home Alone, but I will never understand how he was able to order a pizza when all the phone lines were down.

Wish they could have worked in a Macaulay Culkin cameo for this reboot, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
He was just in the new season of American Horror story he could’ve easily been in this

I really wish Hollywood would use more Remakes of unsuccessful movies that can be improved with remakes instead of rebooting great movies that don't need to be remade.

Dredd is a great remake that never got a sequel, (2021) Mortal Kombat is a great Rated R Reboot faithful movie that most likely gets a sequel, IT is a great serious remake, Tomb Raider is a faithful adaption of the video game Tomb Raider with realistic characters including the main hero Laura Croft struggled in the movie, set up a sequel that I read is getting made and gives information about where she got her commonly used handguns.

A faithful Rated R serious faithful adaption of Double Dragon could be as amazing as The Raid set in a Post Apocalyptic New York same as Escape From New York, a reboot of Doom with demons invading from Hell on Mars could be as great as Aliens except demons from hell as the monsters that Space Marines need to kill and unique characters for the Space Marines same as Predator and Aliens, a Rated R serious Ghost Rider movie that has the Juggernaut demon that is Blackheart shown in his true demon form for the whole movie and demons that Ghost Rider can't easily defeat, etc.

I watched it with my kids. It wasn’t that bad. It had the feel of a made for TV movie. I thought they did a decent job of keeping from being a compete rip-off of the first movie, and making it more of a nod to it. It’s not a classic, but it’s an ok film to watch with the family.

VN Store

Back