Holtz has done it again

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
I just read where South Carolina is extending Lou Holtz's contract. Forget how old he is....Is there any other coach in the nation who could call a botched fake punt from his own 25 yard line ahead of Florida by 2 in the 3rd quarter and then get a 5 year contract extension 3 days later!?!?!

:twocents: :twocents:

I am really suprised to hear that. I thought for sure he would be finished with coaching by now. Geez, in 5 more years he will be about 110. :(

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 19 2003, 10:34 AM
Is there any other coach in the nation who could call a botched fake punt from his own 25 yard line ahead of Florida by 2 in the 3rd quarter and then get a 5 year contract extension 3 days later!?!?!

:twocents: :twocents:

I know that Holtz has been catching a lot of flack for that call, but he would have been a genius had it worked. I didn't get to see that game but I wonder why in the world he did that? He must have had that nothing to lose attitude, but I didn't think Holtz was like that.

Y'all, let's face it. Holtz isn't going anywhere until he is assured that Skip (his son) will assume the HC position. Granny Clampett has to get the Cocks back to winning again before that will happen.

One thing I should have considered before starting this thread: Having seen South Carolina's punt team, a botched fake is only about 20-25 yards worse than their net punting average.

Makes you appreciate Mr. Colquitt doesn't it?

VN Store

Back