11,828 posts
621 likes
That's 1.9 likes for every 200 posts...No likes here

I don't have to wonder why
And, no, I do not agree

Her ability to optimize and grow the very good talent she did recruit,

may have had something to do with it

Boy, if this doesn't point out the obvious....LOL

Let's not throw everything on her. Her inability to recruit did her in on the end. Agree?

And here I thought Holly's awesome recruiting was her one saving grace as a coach. If it ends up that she recruited a bunch of players who sucked, then she was 100% of a failure as a coach instead of just 85%. Well done, Holly!

Reactions: Bellevue vol
Good point.

Just still disappointed about the hire. I will be supportive when we play. Still getting over the letdown.

It’s all good I get it! Wasn’t a high profile higher ...

Watching her 40 second clip I like how she called out the girls for something small as “there is no defense so passes should be perfect” then shrugged her shoulders like DUH 😂

She recruited the players.

She's the one that made the money to recruit the players and instruct the players.

She's the one that hired the assistant coaches and support staff (S&C coach, trainers, etc).

She's the one that was hand picked by the UTAD to lead the program.

She never had problems recruiting for the most part, even though yes, recruiting had fallen off from what it once was. But the program still recruits itself to an extent. The last two classes she signed were full of highly sought after players. Her problem was not recruiting. Her problem was she doesn't have the temperament of a HC. She was a lifelong assistant (and the "NICE" assistant at that) under Pat. She was never in charge of recruiting her entire career at UT despite being Pat's top assistant for the longest time. She doesn't have the personality, the communication skills or the basketball knowledge to be a HC. Those were the problems from the start.

Yes, let's blame it all on her, because guess what? She was the leader of the program and her title was *head coach*. The buck stops with her and ultimately it's her responsibility to make sure the program is up to standards in all facets.

I'm tired of people laying blame on the players. Do y'all honestly think players WANT to go out there and lose? GTFOH

She recruited the players.

She's the one that made the money to recruit the players and instruct the players.

She's the one that hired the assistant coaches and support staff (S&C coach, trainers, etc).

She's the one that was hand picked by the UTAD to lead the program.

She never had problems recruiting for the most part, even though yes, recruiting had fallen off from what it once was. But the program still recruits itself to an extent. The last two classes she signed were full of highly sought after players. Her problem was not recruiting. Her problem was she doesn't have the temperament of a HC. She was a lifelong assistant (and the "NICE" assistant at that) under Pat. She was never in charge of recruiting her entire career at UT despite being Pat's top assistant for the longest time. She doesn't have the personality, the communication skills or the basketball knowledge to be a HC. Those were the problems from the start.

Yes, let's blame it all on her, because guess what? She was the leader of the program and her title was *head coach*. The buck stops with her and ultimately it's her responsibility to make sure the program is up to standards in all facets.

I'm tired of people laying blame on the players. Do y'all honestly think players WANT to go out there and lose? GTFOH
Right on volman128. Wish you'd go over to the Summitt and educate them.

Reactions: Amb3096
Joined 2005
11,828 posts
621 likes
That's 1.9 likes for every 200 posts...No likes here

I don't have to wonder why
And, no, I do not agree

Her ability to optimize and grow the very good talent she did recruit,

may have had something to do with it

Are people, including yourself really that shallow to add likes on a message board to your life accolades?

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back