Holly Says 1-7 Stetson is a "Good Team"

I am certainly not a "Holly basher", but come on Holly. Stetson is 1-7 on the year and lost to Wright State, Hofstra, Marist, Alabama, UCF, and Tulsa. None of those teams should make it past the first half against Tennessee's star lineup. If there ever was a game that showed a lack of motivation, this one right here shouted it from the rooftops.

Does anyone know if Margo Anderson is still doing her post game lady vol videos? I’ve checked her utube page and noticed she hasn’t posted anything in five months!?!?

Well let's see here, I wonder how many National Championships that coach has won compared to "never even smelled a championship" Holly"? I think the U Conn coach has EARNED some credibility compared to the lower tier coach we currently have, good grief!

How can anyone with any common sense defend Holly? The logic baffles me!

Obviously these people are Holly Apologists who don't have a freaking clue. Nada Clue. Let's sit back though; as they suggest, and watch Holly win the SEC this year. I mean, She HAS the recruits. Obviously some on here don't remember the PS Lady Vols. I just don't think the Players Listen to, respect, or FEAR; HW.

Reactions: olddog
I think I will put each and every "Fire Holly" poster on ignore, at least till she has lost a few games, or one more to bama. Make my reading here much more pleasant.

Nobody asked for Her Firing; we KNOW that ain't happening any time soon. Now; YALL can stick you heads in the sand if you want; all that does is condone the mediocrity. Try setting your sights a little higher, You might even surprise yourself.

Nobody asked for Her Firing; we KNOW that ain't happening any time soon. Now; YALL can stick you heads in the sand if you want; all that does is condone the mediocrity. Try setting your sights a little higher, You might even surprise yourself.

Didn't realize they were missing 2 of their best players. As Dick Enberg would say, "Oh my!"
If their two best players had been there Holly might have been beaten by 20. This team just has too much talent to have difficulties with a 1 and 7 team. If the same thing happens at Texas, the Lady Vols will get their butts handed to them.

Obviously these people are Holly Apologists who don't have a freaking clue. Nada Clue. Let's sit back though; as they suggest, and watch Holly win the SEC this year. I mean, She HAS the recruits. Obviously some on here don't remember the PS Lady Vols. I just don't think the Players Listen to, respect, or FEAR; HW.
I like Phil Fulmer, but he must not care for ladies basketball, He gave her a new contract but why? To good of a friend I guess. She should have been gone 3 years ago. Pat must be rolling over in her grave. Pat wanted Holly to have the job, but she was sick when she said that.

At this point there are obviously fans who would rather see us lose than see Holly coach another game. Pretty sad honestly.
If there is a "fan" that would rather see us lose than Holly coach another game, then they are not fans. They are less than worthless trash that needs to be taken to the curb and await the garbage truck.

They will NEVER be at their best as long as Holly is their coach.

Maybe not but you should be a better fan and support in good times and bad....Holly is a UT legend and given more to this university than probably anyone on this forum.... I hope Holly figures it out bc she is a true Lady Vol but I’m not against them making a move bc she has not kept us at the level that we are accustomed.... Either way though.... Go Lady Vols!

I'm the farthest thing from a Holly defender, but what do you expect her to say... pull a Pruitt and say well the players suck I need to recruit? Don't think that'd go over well with our womens basketball program, just my opinion
She can recruit but she the one that sucks

By your profile I can see you have close to 5,000 comments and just over 600 likes ... says enough about you and your comments. I stick to my original thoughts about this whole post. Last night, Holly coached and got the team in check. She did her job. You just want to attack her and you want her gone because she has failed to make a final 4/won a NC. I'm not happy that the last couple of years we have underachieved. But your post was about last night, not about her time being the HC.
Why don't you just edit the title of this thread and call it "Non-supporters of Holly Warlick" instead? Maybe you could get a support group started that meets weekly to work on those likes.

I know we aren't going to fire Holly and I knew that as soon as Fulmer was hired. Fulmer's achille's heel has always been loyalty. He won't replace anyone who's loyal to him or to Tennessee UNTIL it's his butt getting a lot of heat.

We didn't play defense in the first half, we played defense in the 2nd half. Holly got on the players at half-time and we saw the difference with the team.
Stetson is a good shooting team when you don't play defense. 44% from 3 and 52% fg in the first half. That's pretty good shooting team when left open. The team was uninspired in the first half and they didn't come to play defense. I know CPS never had that happen to her and CPS never had to go into a locker room at half-time and let the players have it....:rolleyes:

The team thought they had the game won before tip-off and it showed. CPS would have called out players names in the post-game interview, Holly doesn't coach that way. Your post is asking Holly to call out players in the open. That's not how she coaches and she won't be doing that. She called out the players she needed to behind closed doors and she handles it that way. The team recovered this game after a coaching intervention at half-time. Kudos to the coaching staff for calling out the players and waking them up.

You're criticizing a coach because "she said something" ... How about you save your post for a time when the coaching staff doesn't do something which in turns leads to a loss for the team? And believe me, a time will come for that this year., Holly isn't gold in my eyes. But last night she did her job when she saw her team played awful.

I got home and in time for the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter. Then was busy around the house and could only kind of watch.

My take of what I saw: flat would not be the term. Players seemed frenetic with surplus had energy and not flat. Maybe Rather than overplay and crowd the shorter player who has the laws of physics on her side, they should practice a backup defense for these occasions. Practice should be, “Hey, let’s practice on getting them a shot clock violation.” Step back use your length to give you some time. If crappy Stetson can back Door cut you and keep composed under the crazy high octane pressure, then every other ranked team will be too.

Now, the problem from errant, poorly controlled too much energy does not seem to fall on the players. This is Holly’s issue. She is not coaching effort, She just needs to direct it. Unacceptable to let the sh*tshow continue for 20 mins.

Okay, you are a proud member of the fan base who doesn't have their heads in the sand because mediocrity will not be CONDONED@!!!!!!!! And you have your sights SET HIGHER!!!!!!!

In practical terms, this means that you and your kindred spirit post on and on about how "Holly can't" and "the team never will while Holly is...". Win or lose the narrative does not change and it has been going for years. Now, what has resulted from your refusal to condone mediocrity? What difference has been made by the continuous, general argument that Holly-should-have-never-been-hired-in-the-first-place-and-Fulmer-should-fire-but-won't-because? What tangible effects has all this negativity had on improving the LVs?

Last edited:
Every year that Holly keeps getting to destroy Pat's program just because she is nice means a year that an equally nice and *competent* coach is prevented from carrying on Pat's excellence. People always focus on the fairness of whether someone should lose their job instead of whether someone should be denied an opportunity.

Does anyone know if Margo Anderson is still doing her post game lady vol videos? I’ve checked her utube page and noticed she hasn’t posted anything in five months!?!?
Omg I love her videos! I haven’t seen her post many videos lately.

I keep seeing Nega posters write about how Holly is destroying Pats legacy or how Holly is tearing down what Pat built. Childish rhetoric. Pats legacy will be always be alive and well as long as people remember her and her accomplishments. If you are truly Lady Vol fans, you will stop trying to cheapen Pat and her accomplishments. It has no place in a Lady Vol forum or in life.

We do this every year. Start good. Lose to ND and or Stanford. Then the SEC comes and we lose a few more. Mississippi St. Bama Georgia. We beat Vandy, Ole Miss. Lose a few win a few. So far this is Holly’s pattern.

Reactions: tnvols72
I keep seeing Nega posters write about how Holly is destroying Pats legacy or how Holly is tearing down what Pat built. Childish rhetoric. Pats legacy will be always be alive and well as long as people remember her and her accomplishments. If you are truly Lady Vol fans, you will stop trying to cheapen Pat and her accomplishments. It has no place in a Lady Vol forum or in life.

Agreed, especially pat legacy however, everyone here have right to say whatever they want to say and it's not childish. Ppl tend to get angry when they don't hear wat they're suppose to hear from someone. I like to read different comments without insulting...Respectively..

We heard all this junk about how bad it is to be loyal before. Phil can't coach, losing touch, hangs onto his buddies too long and we had an idiot that heard those voices and he took care of that problem. Phil was pushed out so we could go on to greatness. Durp…… We have looked so pathetic since then it's been unreal. Sometimes continuity is the best thing and I agree that sometimes it's not. If there is ever a change made to replace Holly, I hope they plan better and actually have a better coach lined up or this could turn into another fiasco like football. Sometimes unanswered prayers are the best ones.

Reactions: Bret178
We do this every year. Start good. Lose to ND and or Stanford. Then the SEC comes and we lose a few more. Mississippi St. Bama Georgia. We beat Vandy, Ole Miss. Lose a few win a few. So far this is Holly’s pattern.

Actually, we don’t. We did have a good start last year, but the year prior we were 4-3 at this point. Not saying that’s a good thing, but you at least need to be factual. Visible improvements have been made the last two years whether you want to admit it or not. Are they to the level of a national championship contender, or even to the level Lady Vol fans expect? No. But we aren’t the same team we were two seasons ago. That’s for certain.

I know we aren't going to fire Holly and I knew that as soon as Fulmer was hired. Fulmer's achille's heel has always been loyalty. He won't replace anyone who's loyal to him or to Tennessee UNTIL it's his butt getting a lot of heat.
So, let me get this straight, Fulmer should no longer support the coach hand-picked by Pat Summit to be her replacement because she hasn't looked spectacular enough with the 7-0 start this year?

VN Store

Back