Holly Says 1-7 Stetson is a "Good Team"

That is the problem, another ignorant statement from an average, at best, coach in college basketball!šŸ˜  The problem is HOLLY DOES NOT KNOW WHAT A GOOD TEAM LOOKS LIKE! Please Fulmer do us all a favor and fire her now!!!

That is the problem, another ignorant statement from an average, at best, coach in college basketball!šŸ˜  The problem is HOLLY DOES NOT KNOW WHAT A GOOD TEAM LOOKS LIKE! Please Fulmer do us all a favor and fire her now!!!
I donā€™t think Fulmer is an active member on this forum so he may not get that message.

Reactions: volfanIND
Jeez, does this mean the Negas will go away until Holly is replaced?

100.gif

I donā€™t think Fulmer is an active member on this forum so he may not get that message.
Maybe not, but I feel pretty confident he will hear this message in many other forums! In fact, I think he will be hearing it more and more as the season continues and less and less people show up for games!

Gosh. Here we go again. 3 years in a row now that this place is blown away by how pitiful our team plays. Then we review the same foibles of the HC.
I'm just going to assume we're stuck w this for years w the power structure in place. A structure in place since the HC was chosen without 1 single interview elsewhere. And hardly a single fan dated question it.

My pt is, "yes, we're headed to long term mediocrity, but it's better to just accept it instead of flailing around @ the HC after each successive underwhelming performance. It's not doing any good IMHO.

Plus, we have a quality men's coach and program underway to focus on. That's gonna be fun.

Reactions: TN1111
I'm the farthest thing from a Holly defender, but what do you expect her to say... pull a Pruitt and say well the players suck I need to recruit? Don't think that'd go over well with our womens basketball program, just my opinion
She does not have to say anything other than "I resign"! She tried to replace a great coach and has failed, plain and simple! Time to move on.

I'm the farthest thing from a Holly defender, but what do you expect her to say... pull a Pruitt and say well the players suck I need to recruit? Don't think that'd go over well with our womens basketball program, just my opinion

She could have said...

"It's my job to make sure the team is prepared and they were not prepared in the first half. We made adjustments at halftime and the ladies executed in the second half to secure the victory. We have a long way to go and we need to make sure they ladies are prepared to play all 40 minutes."

LOL, that's Hilarious. You can't see that performance doesn't project well for the upcoming SEC slate? I won't be "saving my post" for anytime other than whenever I feel the urge to voice my opinion; thank you very much. You make your point without calling me out----Now That is something for YOU to work on.
Uconn only beat unranked St. John by 10 points and only scored 65 points. So that performance doesn't look like they are ready for their remaining schedule ... Basing one performance/game on a whole season, come on, you can do better than that.

I get you're a Holly Hater, welcome to the fan club you'll be receiving your welcome kit in the mail along with a free t-shirt. As I stated before, I don't idolize the coach but she did her job last night. It's not my fault you choose to wear glasses that give you one-sided vision. Your post just doesn't make sense, Holly actually WAS a coach last night and made the right adjustments and she got on the players at halftime, we cleaned it up, and we won. You are so desperate to make a complaint you found it in what she said in the post game interview. It's ridiculous. You pulled the Holly Hate Train horn a little too early my friend. Just wait, I'm sure Holly will do something that will justify a long-worded boring post, just give her time. But your OP is worthless.

Do you really want to compare coaching results between CHW with CPS?!? If CPS has to straighten her team out, she at least had history of championships to back up her actions. Celebrating the fact that at least the team didnā€™t lose is ridiculous when playing a team like Stetson minus two starters.
It's called sarcasm. Good gosh, I even added an emoji to make the point clear it was sarcasm.

HOLLY IS NOT what the Lady VOLS need as a HC to be in the top of the land. She just isn't! Anybody with 2 unbiased eyeballs can see that. She's had plenty of time to prove what she can do at a school that supports lady basketball like few others. She'll keep UT in the top 10 - 15 but for a return of UT Lady Vol greatness on a continuous basis we need a better coach.

Oh no she is great haven't you seen the 7-0 record. Lol

Stetson's women's basketball team has won 1 game; that win was against Webber International, an NAIA school. The score was 80-52. By the way, Stetson plays at Texas on Sunday, Dec. 16.

Precisely, anyone who ever actually played a sport understands this. My coaches used to say "it was a W and that's it" after a game like this, then we would run, and run, and run, and run the next day in practice. When you have a young team you'll have games like this, people forget they are KIDS.

Stetson also couldn't miss, they shoot 38% on the season and 32% from three, our defense and intensity were poor to start the game, but they were also playing far above how they have played so far this season. The percentages held true though, as they usually do; they shot 52% and 44% from 3 in the first half and 29% and 10% in the second half. Finished the game at 40% and 26%.

Games like this happened in the Pat Summit era as well. Some of her teams were notorious for slow starts, even against terrible teams. They would come roaring back with a big run to end the first half or start the second...just like last night.
Sorry, but your post, like a few others, is so sad to me for offering EXCUSES for a pitiful performance like last night. This game is part of a pattern of games during HWā€™s tenure that are dismal. We need a different coach. Why do you defend Warlick?

Reactions: Momto2 and djtee
Sorry, but your post, like a few others, is so sad to me for offering EXCUSES for a pitiful performance like last night. This game is part of a pattern of games during HWā€™s tenure that are dismal. We need a different coach. Why do you defend Warlick?

Spare me your fire Holly diatribe. It is clear that we have some coaching problems, Iā€™m not blind. In my post I simply stated facts. Stetson DID play beyond their abilities in the first half and the numbers show it. We also played well below ours. I refuse to contribute to the ā€œfire Hollyā€ rhetoric because it serves no purpose. You all act like anyone who makes a positive, or at least not negative post, about our team isnā€™t living in reality.

Unfortunately you fire Holly posters are the ones not living in reality. The reality is: she IS our coach, she was given an extension, she has a 7-0 basketball team, and she WILL be our coach for the foreseeable future. Iā€™ve said this before. I donā€™t feel it is productive to continually scream FIRE HOLLY (and trust me, I have) from the top of my lungs as it isnā€™t going to happen. Iā€™ve moved on, the university spoke and sheā€™s here for a while longer.

Iā€™m just interested in keeping up with this team and seeing how things go. Theyā€™re a fun group to watch when theyā€™re playing well. If we ever put together a full 40 minutes of basketball we will be a hard team to beat. Will it happen? Who knows.

Holly hasn't and never will hold her players to the level of accountability that Pat Summit did. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have a clue - including Holly.

And if she did Zay and Rae would play more and Meme would be on the bench !

Reactions: mlindsay
Holly hasn't and never will hold her players to the level of accountability that Pat Summit did. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have a clue - including Holly.
This is so true, but we live in a different times. The girls are so pampered in high school that they would quit or transfer to another school, even Geno has said you can't treat the girls like you used to. The players really like Holly when they herd that she might not get an contract extension they were ready to transfer to another school. The way things are now is so hard on the fans including me.

Reactions: alaVOL
At least someone finally told her to give a reason for bad play, in this case "Stetson is a good team". Normally she doesn't know why they were down by 20 at the half.

IMO, she should have just said nothing. I wouldn't have had anything to say after my team full of top players in their respective classes laid a big fat egg in this game. Its, lets get to practice as quick as possible and get this worked out.

Uconn only beat unranked St. John by 10 points and only scored 65 points. So that performance doesn't look like they are ready for their remaining schedule ... Basing one performance/game on a whole season, come on, you can do better than that.

I get you're a Holly Hater, welcome to the fan club you'll be receiving your welcome kit in the mail along with a free t-shirt. As I stated before, I don't idolize the coach but she did her job last night. It's not my fault you choose to wear glasses that give you one-sided vision. Your post just doesn't make sense, Holly actually WAS a coach last night and made the right adjustments and she got on the players at halftime, we cleaned it up, and we won. You are so desperate to make a complaint you found it in what she said in the post game interview. It's ridiculous. You pulled the Holly Hate Train horn a little too early my friend. Just wait, I'm sure Holly will do something that will justify a long-worded boring post, just give her time. But your OP is worthless.

It's called sarcasm. Good gosh, I even added an emoji to make the point clear it was sarcasm.
Well let's see here, I wonder how many National Championships that coach has won compared to "never even smelled a championship" Holly"? I think the U Conn coach has EARNED some credibility compared to the lower tier coach we currently have, good grief!

How can anyone with any common sense defend Holly? The logic baffles me!

VN Store

Back