Holly responds to Geno...

This all reminds me of what Geno did to the Duke problem when one of their players transferred to Con. Brittany Hunter, I think? Duke was in its hay day. Some really foul stuff went on between the two programs over how badly the player was treated at Duke, according to Geno. It is seeming like this is SOP when Geno gets a transfer from a school on his schedule, like us.

He's also nasty when a players transfers out of his program (I'm thinking of the player that went to Vanderbilt), so Westbrook better make it work.

This all reminds me of what Geno did to the Duke problem when one of their players transferred to Con. Brittany Hunter, I think? Duke was in its hay day. Some really foul stuff went on between the two programs over how badly the player was treated at Duke, according to Geno. It is seeming like this is SOP when Geno gets a transfer from a school on his schedule, like us.

He's also nasty when a players transfers out of his program (I'm thinking of the player that went to Vanderbilt), so Westbrook better make it work.

He publicly humiliated one player at a luncheon (someone help me with the name) and called Elena Delle Donne “mental” when she wanted to transfer to Delaware to be close to her family - she has a special needs sister she’s very close to. We all know EDD is now one of the best players in the W.

W.TN.Orange Blood hope you're having a good day. i think Coach K is going to have the team looking much sharper next game with Stetson than they did with Tenn State. what you think Buddy ?

Thanks, I'm hoping your in love w/this great sunny weather we've got.....at least here in Jackson. I usually take each game one at a time....it's become a habit from so many disappointing seasons lately. But, with Coach K now leading our cause I think we are in good shape for some wins down the road...

Reactions: TenUhSee
He publicly humiliated one player at a luncheon (someone help me with the name) and called Elena Delle Donne “mental” when she wanted to transfer to Delaware to be close to her family - she has a special needs sister she’s very close to. We all know EDD is now one of the best players in the W.

Andra Espinoza Hunter at Miss St. is the young lady he talked about at the luncheon. Also the crazy thing was HER waiver was approved to play because of the environment she left 🤔

Never knew about the “mental” comment about EDD who is now on my beloved Washington Mystics! If he did make that comment he should be ashamed as she was depressed because of her sisters condition and being away from her. If he didn’t then I apologize.

But let’s not forget he threw Sam Brunelle under the bus after she chose ND and how he never offered the top 5 kid a scholarship to UConn lol😂

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I wish Holly would just stay quiet. Fulmer and Kelly sounded strong and classy, Holly sounds weak, especially with her use of “not fair”. That was one of her problems as a coach, she always sounded weak and unsure. I respect her as a VFL and am truly amazed at her support of the Lady Vols even after being fired, but this is all in the past. The environment she help create is in the past. Whether it was his original attention or not, Geno is now using this as a recruiting tool. At one point he used homophobia as a recruiting tool against the Lady Vols, telling parents the program was full of lesbians who would prey on their daughters. That was in conversations with parents of select recruits, not broadcast on the news for every player to hear. IMHO the best we can do is move on, stay above it, and beat their a@* come January.

I think you bring up a big point in this situation. Aside from the initial issue of the transfer, Geno is also trying to make it look like the Lady Vol program has some question marks in dealing with players.

This tactic is directed at future recruits. Geno might not be concerned with Tennessee right now, but he's not going to take any chances. Throwing a jab or two that might influence someone's decision to become a Lady Vol is not going to hurt in his eyes. He's covering his bases just in case Kellie rights the ship.

I think you bring up a big point in this situation. Aside from the initial issue of the transfer, Geno is also trying to make it look like the Lady Vol program has some question marks in dealing with players.

This tactic is directed at future recruits. Geno might not be concerned with Tennessee right now, but he's not going to take any chances. Throwing a jab or two that might influence someone's decision to become a Lady Vol is not going to hurt in his eyes. He's covering his bases just in case Kellie rights the ship.

Hey I said the recruiting thing earlier 😩 JK😃. But seriously it’s like if he can keep us down he will.

As I said on another post his player left UConn because uhm ... it wasn’t good fit and of the environment and she got immediate eligibility to play for Miss St. If his program is such a haven why was that the case 🤔 his transfer out got the waiver but his transfer in didn’t. I guess the NCAA knew a little more something than the rest.

Last edited:
The player he called out was Andra Espinoza Hunter, who has been praised by Vic Schaefer for her work ethic and overall character.

Geno is a crybaby who will finally get called out for his bull$hit once UConn is no longer THE program. Can't happen soon enough for me!

Reactions: T_Vol376
I said on another post his player left UConn because uhm ... it wasn’t good fit and of the environment and she got immediate eligibility to play for Miss St. If his program is such a haven why was that the case 🤔 his transfer out got the waiver but his transfer in didn’t. I guess the NCAA knew a little more something than the rest.

Probably because he ran Andra off the team. Seems like Vic adores her, and he doesn't seem like the type to put up w bull$hit.

As you said, the fact that Andrea's waiver was approved and Evina's was not is unintentionally hilarious!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Thanks, I'm hoping your in love w/this great sunny weather we've got.....at least here in Jackson. I usually take each game one at a time....it's become a habit from so many disappointing seasons lately. But, with Coach K now leading our cause I think we are in good shape for some wins down the road...
yep. i believe Coach K is the right coach and the program is on the right track. #9 is coming ! ;)

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Probably because he ran Andra off the team. Seems like Vic adores her, and he doesn't seem like the type to put up w bull$hit.

As you said, the fact that Andrea's waiver was approved and Evina's was not is unintentionally hilarious!

🤷‍♂️

He did the same to Ogumbawale at ND.

I think I heard something about that but geez! Dude, you get more than you’re fair share of talent.

I loved two things Ogumbawale’s shot at he made that statement and Hunter’s comment that said if you can’t beat them... (we all know the rest “join them) after MSU took out UConn lol

yep. i believe Coach K is the right coach and the program is on the right track. #9 is coming ! ;)

I guess I'll jump the gun and say we should beat Stetson like we did TSU the other night. But if we still have trouble shooting in front of the basket & missing some layups it's gonna be another finger-biting night.

Reactions: TenUhSee
It was Espinoza Hunter who transferred to Mississippi State 36B092F3-A89B-4A19-B77E-F414267B9864.jpeg

Geno is scared because he Holly is no longer the coach at UT and he knew he had no worries as long as she was. The Lady Vols are the penultimate women's bball program no matter how many times UConn wins a championship. They are the women's version of the Lakers or Yankees, they'll always be greater than anyone else because of what they established and the history. Don't worry, Geno, Kelly will need a couple of years to fully reestablish this program so you can rest easy til then.
We may not need that long to beat UCONN

VN Store

Back