Holly isn’t handling the termination well...

Media: "Your guards turned the ball over 19 times. How will you handle Notre Dame's full-court pressure on Thursday?"

Coach J: "I can fix that tomorrow."

That is why my guards played post at the end and the posts brought the ball down

Huh????
The CJ press conferences will be worse than the chw ones !!

Are you kidding,,,with my personality

Nobody really knows how she’s acted. If you weren’t there, you don’t know. I hope her replacement is hired soon .
If only we had a system where people who were there told other people information and those people who had a platform to notify the general public. That would be interesting.

Reactions: T.J.
So, I wonder if you are doing some kind of on-line performance art or if you are actually serious in these posts.

If serious, may be you need some counseling. No D1 school is going to hire a second (or maybe 3rd tier) AAU coach to run their program.

Have you noticed how your name is not popping up on any speculation about who might be the LVs next coach. That is not a coincidence or a mere oversight.

If you really want to coach and impact kids lives, find a junior high or high school that could use a volunteer assessment. Work your way up that hierarchy. If you are as good as you say you are, you might become a head coach for a decent high school team in a few years.

You could probably use the same strategy for a D3 school.
. Damn! There are so many of these AAU Coaches around now claiming to be the answer to b-ball! Just because some delusional parents of a 12 year old gives some has been $ to work with their kid these guys all the sudden think they are John Wooden! Personally I would not ever consider anyone with AAU ties that is the most corrupt group you will find! If there was no $ to be made 95% would run away!

. Damn! There are so many of these AAU Coaches around now claiming to be the answer to b-ball! Just because some delusional parents of a 12 year old gives some has been $ to work with their kid these guys all the sudden think they are John Wooden! Personally I would not ever consider anyone with AAU ties that is the most corrupt group you will find! If there was no $ to be made 95% would run away!
That brush is maybe painting a little too wide but otherwise I completely agree with this post. As a HS & MS coach for almost 15 years I do all I can to keep my players in house during the spring and summer and avoid them getting exposed to the dearth of terrible coaches and money grabs in AAU. Got two of my players this year that the parents couldn't refuse the appeal and are paying $1,200 and get pitiful coaching and traveling all over the place like they are the Goobetrotters.

That brush is maybe painting a little too wide but otherwise I completely agree with this post. As a HS & MS coach for almost 15 years I do all I can to keep my players in house during the spring and summer and avoid them getting exposed to the dearth of terrible coaches and money grabs in AAU. Got two of my players this year that the parents couldn't refuse the appeal and are paying $1,200 and get pitiful coaching and traveling all over the place like they are the Goobetrotters.
I agree. Different sport but a very successful high school football coach and friend once told me he'd rather have a freshman who had never touched a football than one that had come up through the community little league program.

The biggest thing going in Holly's favor right now is that she doesn't have any social media accounts.

Thank You! It’s an epidemic! Crazy parents doing this for their own social lives so they can post look at me on social media and hoping to get their kid a free college ride! Lol after several years of paying all these AAU fees and expenses most could send their kid to college 3 times!

Really, you're channeling Sisaq now?

Don't you have a phone to be sitting by. I am sure Phil's call is coming any time now.
Holly ain't coming back.
She got fired for all the reasons posted for 4 years on here & the Summit.
You Holly fans ran alot of folks off the boards with your attacks.
Now it's time to come together & cheer for the LVs.
If you can't do that madtownvol perhaps ride along side Holly on a long road trip?
😂

Holly ain't coming back.
She got fired for all the reasons posted for 4 years on here & the Summit.
You Holly fans ran alot of folks off the boards with your attacks.
Now it's time to come together & cheer for the LVs.
If you can't do that madtownvol perhaps ride along side Holly on a long road trip?
😂

What are you talking about?

Reactions: VolNExile
Holly & you

Uh, you're confusing me for someone else. There is no Holly and me.

All I said in this thread is that Holly is being vilified more than is warranted for simply having failed at being the LV coach (and also noting that the team really only went downhill over her last four years).

If you can't register the difference between saying Holly failed and that Holly is the devil incarnate, well, there is no point in having this conversation is there?

I think the demonizing might be a reaction to the entire situation that put Holly in a position that she was not suited for. Then there was also peoples defense of her because of her niceness. I don't know Holly, but sometimes people who give that appearance are not that nice. Their niceness is often self serving in that it creates an atmosphere of justification for not holding nice people to the standards of accountability that we hold not so nice people too.

Likability gets people jobs, and allows them to keep jobs longer. One can act nice and still be self serving. Perhaps if she were really as nice of a persona some believed her to be she would not have put people in the position of firing her, rather she would have resigned. She would have also taken ownership of the teams failures instead of deflecting blame. Did she really think she was essential in the future of Tenn woman's basketball or were her actions just to keep position and salary.

Creating a persona of "nice" certainly works. There are people in this thread criticizing those that question her behavior. If she was not considered some nice old lady no one would even bother being upset about the criticism. I also believe that some of these negative reactions are caused by people beginning to question their original perspective of her as a person. Generally self absorbed individuals are thin skinned with everything being about themselves and their feelings. This makes it easy for the kind hearted to be sucked into protect the poor helpless victim Especially when they are not able to discern between niceness and self serving emotional manipulation. The key is recognizing motivational intent.

.image.jpg

Reactions: Willtalk and T.J.
Has Holly commented since being fired? I find her silence to be very telling...Why has she not said anything publicly?

Has Holly commented since being fired? I find her silence to be very telling...Why has she not said anything publicly?

I keep wondering, under the unusual circumstances of having knowledge of tension between staff and player(s), if Phil may have even requested Holly NOT say anything. With all that nodding in agreement with Mimi she was doing after the UCLA game, she was obviously blaming the players for the loss of the game and probably the loss of her job, maybe Fulmer didn't want to risk having the less-than-articulate Warlick say something that she'd later regret. I imagine she was highly emotional and, perhaps, even angry, so I'm glad she didn't say anything right away. Maybe later, after a little time to reflect.

VN Store

Back