Holly is the woman version of Calipari

Although OP points out a few similarities, these two are light years apart. Calapari has a history at multiple places of taking a program and winning. He has a national title and a host of deep tourney runs in a faaaaaarrrrrrr deeper sport.

CHW was (stupidly IMO) handed the keys to a Bugatti Veyron. She can boast about beating SOME Mustangs and Camaros and a host of Sentras and Corollas. Somebody up there needs to take responsibility for the bad decision of handing her the keys without even interviewing another soul. It needs to be responsibily corrected asap.

I'm proud she's a VFL and she should always be respected and revered as such. It's wrong to flatly cast her to the curb. But, she needs another career IMHO.

I would not compare John to Holly, he is a top ten coach in the men's game. He proved that at Memphis and at UMASS. Holly is not even close to being a top ten coach in the women's game. Prior to this year, she has had over 20 5 star players at her disposal, however, how many have played up to their 5 star status? How many of those 5 stars have gone on to the pros and really produced? Remember Holly said Russell was a point guard in a post body, that was ridiculous. Now, I think the two lady assistant coaches are good and that might make the difference with this present group of players. I do not believe Holly has the ability to outcoach top coaches and seems to be clueless when it comes to making in game changes. Holly is who she is and it is doubtful that will change.

A coach at a premiere school that can recruit because of school reputation but can’t develop players. The only difference is Calipari at Kentucky has the one and done excuse.

Holly gets 4 years with her players and still can’t get it done. No one can tell me that Missouri has better players than the lady Vols.

While there are similarities, there is no way in hell Cal would allow poor effort and passively fold his arms like Holly does without saying anything. I used to sit behind the bench when he coached at Memphis and his mouth is something else. Lol. He knows how to light a fire under their azzes for sure. I’ve heard him say some CRAZY sh_t to his players but they responded and the former ones all still very much love and respect him! Lololol

Reactions: alaVOL
He doesn't develop the players. That is the point I am making. He gets the best talent and wins sometimes with that. Warlick can't even win when the chips are stacked in her favor.

Ok, I get your point. But the burning question is what is the point of your point? You can pile points upon points; they still won't fire her.

Reactions: cutiepie5
I don’t understand why Holly wants to destroy what Pat built. Holly has to know by now that she cannot get it done. She can’t be that delusional.

Reactions: T.J. and cutiepie5
I don’t understand why Holly wants to destroy what Pat built. Holly has to know by now that she cannot get it done. She can’t be that delusional.

She doesn't want to destroy what Pat built but she's not going to let that check go on her own. I can't blame her.

I think what is more troubling is the 3rd grade critical analysis she provides like and I paraphrase "Stetson is a great team".

Ok, I get your point. But the burning question is what is the point of your point? You can pile points upon points; they still won't fire her.
It’s fine. I’ve stopped watching them at this point. Luckily the men are getting it done now.

Calipari does not develop players, I haven't saw a player in his system that left Ky that has improved his game or NBA draft status. KY 1 and done do not need Cal,
he needs them to pad his coaching record. Now he isn't getting the best 1 and done players that honor goes to coach K .

We need to worry about our coach Holly not Ky coach. Atleast he won a championship.

Cal actually has a NC. Holly doesn’t have s***

That's exactly what I said when few ppl here are comparing Cal with Holly.. I personally think that Holly is the worst coach I've ever seen in my life. Cal can easily win a championship with the high level recruit Holly has now.

Reactions: T.J. and cutiepie5
I haven't watched a lady vols game since the first season Holly took over. I have watched highlights and read articles to keep up with the sad situation in the program. I would love to see a former lady vol with similar passion and grit as Pat. I understand the women's program is not high on the list at UT, but something has to be done at what used to be the greatest women's basketball program in America.

Blame Phil for extending her contract.
I don't think she should have had her contract extended, but there should be some credit given for lowering the buyout for firing without cause. They could have never extended her contract and been in better shape, but the new contract makes it pretty simple to fire her without much financial obligation.

I don't think she should have had her contract extended, but there should be some credit given for lowering the buyout for firing without cause. They could have never extended her contract and been in better shape, but the new contract makes it pretty simple to fire her without much financial obligation.

Let us pray.

Didn't defend the 3; Evina forced up too many shots; Meme was cold as ice. Holly did indeed have a bad game, as well, with no answers when things were going wrong. But... Everybody wants Pat (or Geno) type results, and NOBODY (besides Geno) gets those results consistently, and, to be honest, I don't see other coaches consistently making great decisions either. (There are better strategists, sure, but nobody who doesn't sometimes make bone-headed decisions or even bone-headed non-decisions.) Notre Dame won the thing with 3 losses last year, and South Carolina and Mississippi State went into the finals with 4 apiece the year before. It was a crappy loss, but it was, at this point, our second loss. We're in the SEC (and, I believe you could add a loss or two to Geno's regular season records if they were in the SEC), and didn't expect to go undefeated.

Shes the worst game day coach on campus. That was one big, steaming pile she left on the floor today. BUT... nobody gives a **** about it. Making the tourney is good enough for Fulmer and the scissor sisters. The blue hairs are too old to even know what day it is. Good times. Good times.

Scissor sister👀😭😂😂 do tell.

Holly has ethics and morals, unlike Cal...

With that being said, he is a far superior coach and X's and O's tactician....

With her ethics and morals, she would make a great recruiting coordinator/assistant coach. Oops, we had her in that role and screwed it up...if only we had hired a proper HC and kept her in her correct role.

Extensions mean crap. It the reasons for termination that count and of course the "buyout". The way I see it, the only reasons for extensions when a coach is under preforming is reassure what are thought to be top recruits.

As someone who admittedly doesn't follow the Lady Vols closely but knows a bit about basketball , I must say that when I see these losses pop up on Volnation I am just baffled as to why she is still the coach. Considering our historical prominence, resources and talent vs. actual performance there is no way that she should still be the head coach imo. This is what happens when homerism creeps into a professional setting. The bar has been lowered way more than it had to be.

Reactions: T.J.
Fulmer doesn't want to stir up a hornet's nest. I don't blame him. I wouldn't either.

Women's basketball isn't important enough for him to rile a lot of the fans. It's not worth the hassle.

Reactions: cardvolfan
She is terrible and needs to be fired like 3 years ago
Amen! We will be also-rans until they fire her and hire a good coach. I don't follow Lady Vols as close as I used to because I already know what the end result will be; makes me sick to watch the pis_-poor coaching of Warlick during the games.

Reactions: T.J.

VN Store

Back