Holly, don't let ESPN film our selection show viewing gathering

lvocd

For the love of God, NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF IT!!!!!

No matter what happens that day it's too embarrassing to be committed to film for posterity. The fact that the Tennessee Lady Vols will be watching as either one of those teams that jumps up and down simply because they see their names AT ALL on a bracket, or as the team that ESPN will happily dwell on for the historic significance of the moment, capturing the sadness on our players' faces as they realize they've not received an invitation, is just too much to bear.

Just SKIP IT! Even if ESPN promises everything is going to be okay and have you convinced that Tennessee is IN, please just skip it!!!!

Gawd.

Last edited:
Those selection shows are weird. They send camera crews to teams that won their conference tournaments sometimes (mostly mid-majors). They know they're in, why send a crew ?

If Tennessee gets selected to have a camera crew film their selection show party, I would say it's more likely Tennessee was not getting in than anything. Media loves showing disappointment on faces of athletes.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Those selection shows are weird. They send camera crews to teams that won their conference tournaments sometimes (mostly mid-majors). They know they're in, why send a crew ?

If Tennessee gets selected to have a camera crew film their selection show party, I would say it's more likely Tennessee was not getting in than anything. Media loves showing disappointment on faces of athletes.
Because the teams want to see what region they are placed. Sometimes it's their first time in the tournament, so I can understand.

I hope they don't have a crew for Tennessee....

TN doesn't deserve to be in, but ironically because they are a bubble team they probably should have a camera crew.

You don't "earn" a camera crew. Great teams, bad teams, and first time teams all make for good PR.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE seeing first-timers' excitement on seeing their names pop up on a bracket, especially if they were a Cinderella that made an improbable run through their conference tournament and are totally just thrilled to be there. But I never in my darkest nightmares would have thought, before now, that Tennessee could ever be among the programs that would be "just happy to be there."

I hope and pray they get in, but I just can't watch that unfold on a television screen. Nope.

For the love of God, NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF IT!!!!!

No matter what happens that day it's too embarrassing to be committed to film for posterity. The fact that the Tennessee Lady Vols will be watching as either one of those teams that jumps up and down simply because they see their names AT ALL on a bracket, or as the team that ESPN will happily dwell on for the historic significance of the moment, capturing the sadness on our players' faces as they realize they've not received an invitation, is just too much to bear.

Just SKIP IT! Even if ESPN promises everything is going to be okay and have you convinced that Tennessee is IN, please just skip it!!!!

Gawd.

You convinced me not to watch it!

This season has been like that stop pictures sequence in the movie "The Birds", where the woman, Melanie, sees all of the carnage happening in front of her, but is powerless to stop it....

To have a camera crew there, to watch the girls cry, is bad theater.

They will get in! Probably a 13 seed! Not deservedly of course but on name alone! And sadly past the top 12–15 teams in country there are not that many good teams out there! So chances are we can win a game or 2!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Still desperately hoping that Holly rejects any offer to have a film crew around tomorrow night.

If she allows it I'll have a difficult time believing, ever again, that she actually does love the Lady Vols like she says she does.

Still desperately hoping that Holly rejects any offer to have a film crew around tomorrow night.

If she allows it I'll have a difficult time believing, ever again, that she actually does love the Lady Vols like she says she does.
With MS winning, you know espn will want Ohio and Tennessee on film.

It would be a huge thing if Tenn doesn't get into the tourney, so I think they will have cameras on them, shouldn't though. I do believe they will get in, but only because of the name, not the record.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Fire Polly Rolly Holly!

I see comments about her potential replacement but I have heard nothing from AD to suggest she gets fired. Would Fulmer actually convince her to retire? Can’t fire her because of a buy out. Already owe bUTch a boat load
I am inclined to think that the program hasn’t fallen enough to Fulmer liking and she will remain one more season to nail coffin completely shut

I see comments about her potential replacement but I have heard nothing from AD to suggest she gets fired. Would Fulmer actually convince her to retire? Can’t fire her because of a buy out. Already owe bUTch a boat load
I am inclined to think that the program hasn’t fallen enough to Fulmer liking and she will remain one more season to nail coffin completely shut

Ugh. Every time I seriously think of that as a possibility I cringe. I really feel like if Holly is back next year that one day Fulmer will look back on his AD career and regret having made that glaring mistake.

If he makes the change after this year, history will be kind to him in regard to Lady Vols Basketball. But if he gives her another year to put Lady Vol Basketball into an even deeper hole, then history is likely to blame both Holly AND Phil as if they were a two-person team who almost seemed to WANT the programto fail.

The condition of the program is SO obviously deteriorated and getting worse that, at this point, doing nothing to stop the bleeding when you have the power to really begings to look a lot like murder. :eek:

Ugh. Every time I seriously think of that as a possibility I cringe. I really feel like if Holly is back next year that one day Fulmer will look back on his AD career and regret having made that glaring mistake.

If he makes the change after this year, history will be kind to him in regard to Lady Vols Basketball. But if he gives her another year to put Lady Vol Basketball into an even deeper hole, then history is likely to blame both Holly AND Phil as if they were a two-person team who almost seemed to WANT the programto fail.

The condition of the program is SO obviously deteriorated and getting worse that, at this point, doing nothing to stop the bleeding when you have the power to really begings to look a lot like murder. :eek:
If Holly is back for 2019-2020 TBA will be so empty that Phil Fulmer will have to pressure her to retire or go ahead and fire her. A losing season in 2019-2020 would make it a lot easier to get rid of Holly and hire a new women's head basketball coach.

Fire Polly Rolly Holly!

Of course, maybe we have not heard anything because Fulmer is doing line he did with OC hire and not tipping his hand

Why would the team even gather to watch under the circumstances? Why not just get the bleak news (either way) in their rooms away from prying eyes? Why share the embarrassment? Just breathe a sigh of relief that you squeak in or that our long national nightmare is over, and then head over to Smokey's to chow down. Or order a pizza and watch The Voice.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Why would the team even gather to watch under the circumstances? Why not just get the bleak news (either way) in their rooms away from prying eyes? Why share the embarrassment? Just breathe a sigh of relief that you squeak in or that our long national nightmare is over, and then head over to Smokey's to chow down. Or order a pizza and watch The Voice.

This well well thought out

If Tenn allows ESPN to televise the team's reaction during the selection reveal it will mean two things: 1) Tenn is in the tourney. 2) Holly will be back next year.

VN Store

Back