HOLDING!

LAVol1

No impact on the outcome, but Bama not getting called for holding game after game, year after year, is absolutely ridiculous. On Harris TD run near the end of the first half, our DE moves outside the Bama Left Tackle to set the edge. The tackle reached across the DE's body, grabbed his shoulder pad and turned him inside. Harris marched untouched into the end zone. No way the official on that side of the field should have missed that. Then, there was Danielson's drooling over the Bama lineman who "threw the Tennessee lineman to the ground". That's called holding. When was the last time Bama was called for holding in a game against the Vols? I think it was 2007.

No impact on the outcome, but Bama not getting called for holding game after game, year after year, is absolutely ridiculous. On Harris TD run near the end of the first half, our DE moves outside the Bama Left Tackle to set the edge. The tackle reached across the DE's body, grabbed his shoulder pad and turned him inside. Harris marched untouched into the end zone. No way the official on that side of the field should have missed that. Then, there was Danielson's drooling over the Bama lineman who "threw the Tennessee lineman to the ground". That's called holding. When was the last time Bama was called for holding in a game against the Vols? I think it was 2007.
I get your point LAV & I do not necessarily disagree but I see it like this. Holding by definition could probably be called on over 50% of all plays during the course of a game. Teams like Alabama that are not only dominant but also carry a conferences best shot of winning a title year in and year out typically get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to calls like holding and pass interference . It’s been like this as long as I can remember . Also when a team has dominate OL’s ,RB’s & WR’S it makes the likelihood of the have nots of the CFB world even less likely to get calls favorable to their cause.

Reactions: 08Vol
He certainly lowered his helmet......however it wasn’t violent in the least.

I was very surprised......but wish it were done more often......especially when nothing was violent (need rule change).

Texted my buddies on that play. Grabbed our d tackle by the inside of shoulder pads and turned him in... it was very blatant... wouldnt have changed anything but that one was bad.

Yes he did

Every offensive line holds, ours included. When you hold every play, which is pretty much what OL are taught to do, it’s very hard to call. It has to be almost blatantly obvious and egregious to be called now.

Reactions: Jravol78 and 08Vol
Bama gets away with a lot, it's been that way for years. Why I'm all for a move out of this currpt conference. There was also at least three easy "missed" PIs, Hyatt should of had two TDs, dude clearly didn't step out of bounds ECT ECT. Last year was even more a joke (And no it wouldn't of made a difference even if they were no bias)

I did see blatant holding on the Harris walk in uncontested TD. We still were not positioned well presnap on that play so it probably did not determine the play outcome.

Reactions: 08Vol

Gary indicated how big and strong the Bama OL was when he described how one of their OLs picked up a UT DL and literally threw him to the ground. How you do that without using your hands clutching the opposing player? How many plays did I see where Bama OLs were attacking our edge and our defenders had their arms pinned trying to break free??? The refs did not lose this game, far from from it, but Bama gets their calls each and every freakin' week.

i was impressed the booth over turned targeting....first time i can recall that
I was shocked.. On replay it appeared 22 went low a bit before the receiver and didn't 'launch'. There was nothing he could about the receiver lowering his head to protect himself.. Bang bang football play. It was a good no call IMO..

Reactions: posivol
Speaking of holding... I will take it to my grave, 10 yards is too harsh of a penalty for holding.

Should be a 5 yard penalty.

We are cursed. Simple as that. Until the devil leaves bama, and I'm sure anther 10 years after that stench wears off, the curse will keep working against us.

He certainly lowered his helmet......however it wasn’t violent in the least.

I was very surprised......but wish it were done more often......especially when nothing was violent (need rule change).

I was surprised they overturned the targeting also. I think it’s because the wr was facing the dback (not defenseless) first of all and secondly it app reader that at the last minute the wr lowed into the hit bracing for the impact.

Reactions: JoAllan
I did see blatant holding on the Harris walk in uncontested TD. We still were not positioned well presnap on that play so it probably did not determine the play outcome.

This is the key right here. Did the penalty affect the outcome of the play? If not then don’t call it.

Buy Low, Sell High.
Where did you buy in? I think I can still make a profit, this stock has been down a while. I'm still "up"-bought very low.
I’d consider my buy in around the end of 2004. Very few pumps, mostly flat since then.

VN Store

Back